Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Do I have everything that I need to get started?

Scott Langridge

Reaction score
I have decided that this summer I am going to try to get into fpv drone racing, or at least just build a drone as a project to keep me busy. I am going to try to build one as cheap as I can. Can anyone tell me:

1 - If I buy everything on other and drone 3 here: Drone Part List, Will I have everything I need to build and fly, and have everything compatible, or is there anything else I need at all? I am especially worried about the pdb since it recommends 3s and everything else says 4s.

2 - With these parts will what I get even be worth it? Will I get something that actually really goes?

3 - Is banggood trustworthy? I either hear people saying they are great or they are awful.

4 - I have also never had a drone of any description so is it a bad idea to get one like this for a first drone?

5 - What sort of antenna should I get? I have seen lots of clover type and I thought these were supposed to be better than what I have for turning 90 degrees and just in general, but if the ones I have already in the kit will do, I will stick to them.

6 - What will my range be like for controlling the drone and fpv?

7 - CMOS or CCD camera, what is the difference? (The two cameras I am looking at are Eachine Wizard X220 Spare Part 2.8mm 700TVL 1/3 CMOS FPV Camera PAL and 600TVL 2.8mm Lens 1/3).

8 - Finally what sort of cell should I go for? I am thinking 4s because I have heard that it isn't even worth bothering with 3s. However I am wondering if 3s will be easier to learn with since I have never had a qaud and 3s is less powerful. Will both even power my drone fine? What sort of flight and charge times can I expect?

- Cheers, Scott

Last edited:
Dude, nobody is clicking those links. It could be anything behind there. Post your parts list in the message body of a post on here.
Fair enough. I posted this in a couple of different places, and I have already had a ton of help from reddit now ( need bit of help getting into fPV! • r/fpv ) So my questions are answered and I wont bother copying across all those links because they were really long. All banggood links seem to be.

Scott,

Glad you got the info you needed! Good luck with your build and keep us posted on your progress!

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232