Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Do you recommend?

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
Hi all,
I've been away for a while but getting back into FPV flying. I have a variety small quads, like tiny hawk, GEPRC, etc. I was out flying today and was thinking about getting the DJI setup.

I want it mainly for the simplicity of flying. At this point I'm more into flying than building and tinkering. It seems the DJI requires a lot less work in terms of battery management, goggle pairing, transmitter set up, etc. Not to mention the digital clarity.

So the question is, does the DJI provide the same feel and is it really that much simpler?

I hope that all makes sense and I appreciate your thoughts and comments.

What you seem to want is exactly what I was looking for and I am absolutely satisfied, it's what I'd been hoping would come one day since I started flying FPV almost 20 years ago.

What you seem to want is exactly what I was looking for and I am absolutely satisfied, it's what I'd been hoping would come one day since I started flying FPV almost 20 years ago.
Thank you. I take it that you went with the DJI FPV Combo and it sounds like you're enjoying it. Did you also get the Motion Controller? If so, how do you like it? Are the batteries plug and play like the other DJI drones?

It has many cool features but I dislike it. If you have a small crash, you have to pay and wait extensively. If you want more batteries they are 4-5 times the price of others. With a traditional fpv drone you can repair and interchange any part you want and have it absolutely personalised. I don't think you can tune rates etc to your liking with the dji fpv. It is overpriced for some. Although it is more difficult building your own, it will help you understand more than you realise. I would only get it if:
-budget is not an issue
-you don't mind waiting long/you use it like a Phantom
-you don't expect top-tier racing/freestyle.
Sorry, didn't help you make a decision.

Disclaimer; I don't have one.

It has many cool features but I dislike it. If you have a small crash, you have to pay and wait extensively. If you want more batteries they are 4-5 times the price of others. With a traditional fpv drone you can repair and interchange any part you want and have it absolutely personalised. I don't think you can tune rates etc to your liking with the dji fpv. It is overpriced for some. Although it is more difficult building your own, it will help you understand more than you realise. I would only get it if:
-budget is not an issue
-you don't mind waiting long/you use it like a Phantom
-you don't expect top-tier racing/freestyle.
Sorry, didn't help you make a decision.

Disclaimer; I don't have one.
Thank you. All good points and it actually was helpful.
It is pricy but when I add the cost of building a decent quad, goggles, transmitter, batteries and a good charger it's not too far off.
My skill level is not so advanced that I ever really spent much time fine tuning. Which gets to you point about repairs. Waiting long for replacement parts will not be too good.
I do think it will fly more like my FPV drones that my Phantom when using the various modes.
Thank you for that perspective. It helps with weighing the pros and cons.

Thank you. I take it that you went with the DJI FPV Combo and it sounds like you're enjoying it. Did you also get the Motion Controller? If so, how do you like it? Are the batteries plug and play like the other DJI drones?
Combo yes, I have 5 batteries now, yep plug and play like any other DJI.

I got the MC but find it pointless beyond the one-time curiosity basically. I fly pretty much exclusively manual.

does anyone know if the charger in the fly more kit has a battery storage mode?
No, just like other DJI stuff the charger always charges fully but the batteries then self-discharge if needed.

Combo yes, I have 5 batteries now, yep plug and play like any other DJI.

I got the MC but find it pointless beyond the one-time curiosity basically. I fly pretty much exclusively manual.

No, just like other DJI stuff the charger always charges fully but the batteries then self-discharge if needed.
Good info. Thanks again. I was thinking the MC was something i should get up front but based on your comment I may hold off on that if I go forward. Can always pick it up later for the curiosity like you said. Money better spent on a good case. I'm real close. Got the bug. :D

If the mc is within your reach, get it, try it out and if you dont't like it, return it like many here have, but definitely give it a shot and keep it low to the ground and think airplane ?

Last edited:
It has a 110m battery life. You can run it off other lipos with that connector for cheaper than a spare.

If you don't forget the goggles and leave them running no problem, I've done 2x 4 batteries on one goggle battery charge with maybe 20% left.

You can use other batteries but I prefer using the original just because of the convenient and reliable % indication that you lose with others.

If you don't forget the goggles and leave them running no problem, I've done 2x 4 batteries on one goggle battery charge with maybe 20% left.

You can use other batteries but I prefer using the original just because of the convenient and reliable % indication that you lose with others.
That’s what I needed to know. Thank you. I should be good with the one that comes with the goggles.

If you don't mind paying 5x the price.
Make that infinity because almost anyone would already have a battery they can use... But what's $30 for the convenience?

The whole point of the DJI FPV is convenience/good integration and the features that stem from it, certainly not low cost. Doubt there would be many DJI FPV owners for whom it'd be that painful paying those $30 after everything else...

Don't think there's really a clear cut case for them, couldn't really see how there could be either, probably can save some cases but make others worse...

Got them and if anything they make convenient carrying handles :D

Had them on for a while, removed them to put the prop guards for a test and didn't put them back on so far...

Reactions: A.O.
Don't think there's really a clear cut case for them, couldn't really see how there could be either...

Got them and if anything they make convenient carrying handles :D

Had them on for a while, removed them to put the prop guards for a test and didn't put them back on so far...
Haha. I guess it depends on how hard I’m gonna crash. ?
I know I will. I just don’t know how bad. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion