Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone Found - Route 50 MD (Near East DC)

rider

Reaction score
First, I know this may be the incorrect forum or place to put this, but please understand I am not a member here I am just trying to help out who ever lost this drone, please mods if necessary move this post to the correct forum location

So straight to the point, I found a Drone this morning on my commute in to work.

It was laying on the side of route 50 in the Cheverly / Landover Hill area.

The good news is I found it and want to get it back to you, the bad news it has been raining all morning and I'm sure this has at least been sitting there since this weekend so its been soaked for at least 10 hours straight. I unplugged the battery and laid it out to dry... hopefully nothing’s fried.. but chances are there is some electrical damage to the servo / motors

Don't need a reward, just want to get this back to whoever owns it.

I know sadly there are some people out there trying to snag a free stuff, so don't even reply to this ad unless you have a picture and or serial number of the drone you lost along with a contact number so I can get in touch with you.

If your picture matches Ill let you know and we can schedule sometime we can meet up after work so I can get it back to you.

This is posted in on craigslist in the Washington DC post. Go to the community section, and lost and found, when you find the post respond to me through there in order to get in contact with me directly. I have to do it this way as I am posting this in many areas across the web and want to make sure I get the response addressed. If the craigslist post is down, the drone made it home and it wasn't your drone.

Drone Found - Route 50

Mods if the craigslist post is down, can you please archive or delete this forum, thanks.

Attachments

• Drone Location.jpg
    Drone Location.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 9
  • Drone Map.jpg
    Drone Map.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 10
Mods, if you could please post this publically it would be great. Its been saying "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly" for a few hours now.
I know it probably got held up because of the link but I assure you I just want to get the drone found, I'm not selling life insurance or Kenyan lottery tickets.

Reactions: Jtrjr
It's public now, I live here in MD too and I hope the owner somehow gets wind that you found it.

HighTech, Is there a local forum or club here in MD I should post this in? Ive hit like every major drone forum I could find as well as craiglist and a few lost and found websites but haven't gotten any hits. Its a nice model with several aftermarket parts so clearly the guy or girl spent some time either in a hobby store on online finding out what parts to get... I know if I lost a several hundred dollar investment Id be out looking.. Just want to make sure I'm covering all the bases I can to get this back to its owner.

Hi Rider,
I hate to say it but this may be difficult to impossible to get this back to the owner. There are a few facebook pages for a few local groups but I am pretty new myself and don't have a great network of people local. I will have a look to see if I can find something down that way but it will take me a day or 2 so standby. We know the pilot flew from somewhere near where you found it, but there are so many variables on if they live near there or were visiting etc., were they a new pilot and had a failsafe and the thing dropped and they couldn't find it or couldn't get onto 50 to get it?
I always put my contact info on mine just in case it somehow gets away from me and someone finds it. It isn't my quad, so if you can PM me a few pictures so I can see a bit about it that will help me to figure out what exactly we are dealing with as far as range from the operator it could have gone. I looked at some wind charts for Sat/Sun to get an idea of what neighborhood to throw up a few lost and found signs. It is quite likely that the person was flying from right there (within a football field or 2) on the north side of 50, the winds were relatively gentle from the west/northwest so I would start on the northwest side of your map, wherever you found it (Cheverly/Arden), closest neighborhood looking northwest, I would look for a school, open field or park, or something near there.

Hi Rider,
I hate to say it but this may be difficult to impossible to get this back to the owner. There are a few facebook pages for a few local groups but I am pretty new myself and don't have a great network of people local. I will have a look to see if I can find something down that way but it will take me a day or 2 so standby. We know the pilot flew from somewhere near where you found it, but there are so many variables on if they live near there or were visiting etc., were they a new pilot and had a failsafe and the thing dropped and they couldn't find it or couldn't get onto 50 to get it?
I always put my contact info on mine just in case it somehow gets away from me and someone finds it. It isn't my quad, so if you can PM me a few pictures so I can see a bit about it that will help me to figure out what exactly we are dealing with as far as range from the operator it could have gone. I looked at some wind charts for Sat/Sun to get an idea of what neighborhood to throw up a few lost and found signs. It is quite likely that the person was flying from right there (within a football field or 2) on the north side of 50, the winds were relatively gentle from the west/northwest so I would start on the northwest side of your map, wherever you found it (Cheverly/Arden), closest neighborhood looking northwest, I would look for a school, open field or park, or something near there.
Hightech, I didn't even think that It could be someone from out of town, I don't have facebook (yes I know that puts me in a whole category of strange...lol) but can you post the craigslist link in there if you get a chance? I'll pm you too.

Last edited:
Hightech, I didn't even think that It could be someone from out of town, I don't have facebook (yes I know that pus me in a whole category of strange...lol) but can you post the craigslist link in there if you get a chance? I'll pm you too.

I will do everything I can to help, send me what you got and I will start posting feelers to see if we can find him/her.

Randy

Whoever owns that quad is a very sad feller, probably $500-$600 or more depending on recording camera. You may try to find a serial # and contacting the manufacturer, it being a pre-built quad they may be able to help you

Whoever owns that quad is a very sad feller, probably $500-$600 or more depending on recording camera. You may try to find a serial # and contacting the manufacturer, it being a pre-built quad they may be able to help you
I contacted the manufacture they do not keep records of them they told me they are sold through retailers solely, the major local hobby shop here told me they don't track them either and to check with the FAA, the FAA has a searchable spreadsheet and I checked that but it records the FAA numbers as 5-6 digits, there is a 10 digit label on this and its not corresponding to anything recorded with the FAA or anything I could find with the manufacture.

Yeah a vortex 250 pro is about $350 prebuilt, if it has purple sides it's probably and "Umagawd" edition, somebody is definitely bumming about this. If it has the purple sides it is probably pretty new as they haven't been out very long. You seem to know a good bit about quads from your description in the pm, I think you've laid the groundwork to try and find the owner, will try to get this posted later tonight on the local facebook pages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya