Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine novice vs tyro79s

cmalo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im new to FPV flying and looking for a nice starter drone just to learn flying and have some fun.

I watched some videos and reviews about some drones and found the following are good starter drones:

Eachine Novice 3

Emax tinyhawk 2.5 inch freestyle

But now i also came across the Eachine Tyro 79s.

To be as a beginner it looks about the same as the Eachine Novice 3 (about the same size, specs and same price range)

The tyro 79s is available in a RTF package aswell.
Can someone with more experience tell me what are the main differences between the Novice 3 and tyro79s ? And which of these would be better as a first drone and why ?

or are there better alternatives ?

i am willing to Spend some more money if it is really worth it i can Spend like 400-500 USD total if i Will have a better drone for that money

i was looking at some long range models like the flywoo explorer but i dont know if it is smart to buy something like that without any experience ?

I found the tyro 79s Here:

[US$179.00~192.00 10% OFF] Eachine Tyro Tyro79S 140mm F4 OSD 20A ESC 3 Inch FPV Racing Drone RTF met 200mW VTX Frsky XM+ Ontvanger & LiteRadio 2.4G Radiozender Modus 2 voor Beginnende Nieuwere Beginner RC Drones from Speelgoed hobby\'s en robot on banggood.com

I would go for the novice unless you already have goggles, the tyro is very nice quad but frankly I think it's #2 in the step up ladder, it is pretty fast and I believe at least for me a bit much for a total beginner and it does not come with goggles. You will have likely a better drone if you spend more money, but your repair bills will also be "better" you are likely going to have to repair a lot at first. Another idea is to get yourself a controller, a chap one and a simulator, out some hours into that then move on to your first real quad.

Noob's idea with the SIM is a good one.
If I had to start over I'd get good a transmitter, it doesn't have to be expensive. I'd get some decent goggles and a Tinyhawk Freestyle 2. That's a good place to start. The batteries aren't expensive so you can get a bunch. With a smaller aircraft you'll be able to fly more and get more practice. You can move up to a bigger 5" after you get the hang of things.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
thanks for replyies !!

i think indeed it is a better idea to Invest a bit more so i am ready for a upgrade whenever i am ready.

for transmitters i watched some reviews and found that the following models are good choices ?

Flysky FS-PL18 - €235

RadioMaster TX16S - €231

Jumper T18 Pro - €161

Radiolink AT 10 - €122

FrSky X9D Plus SE 2019 - €214 (worth the Extra 40?)

FrSky X9D Plus 2019 - €178

FrSky Q X7S - €189

FrSky Q X7 - €145

What would be the best from these ?

Or are there better alternatives for this price range? (€150-€250)

Or if it Will be worth the money i could Spend a little more for a transmitter but €350 max but only if it Will really be worth paying more

Any sugestions highly appreciated

The best bang for the buck will probably be the RadioMaster TX16S, it is Multi Protocol so it will work with just about anything you might get.

Reactions: mrmund
The best bang for the buck will probably be the RadioMaster TX16S, it is Multi Protocol so it will work with just about anything you might get.

So it is better or as good as the FrSky X9D Plus SE 2019 ?

Also, there are different versions of the radiomaster TX16X:

Radiomaster TX16S Max - $250

Radiomaster TX16S - $180

Radiomaster TX16S Hall - $150

Radiomaster TX16S - $120

Alot of difference between prices for same models, almost double the price, for me it doesnt really matter to pay more to get the better, but i dont see aby differences between these models??

Can you explain me the differences and which one do you suggest to buy?

also, what receiver do you recommend ?

I have 3 Frsky TX's, X9D+, QX7S and X-Lite, if I were to buy today it would be this one.
Radiomaster TX16S Hall - $150
If I just had to have one of the fancy colors, maybe I would splurge to get the next one up (Radiomaster TX16S - $180), but I wouldn't since the color doesn't matter. The reason you don't want the low model (unless you absolutely need to) is because it has different gimbals (Potentiometer) that are not nearly as nice as the Hall Sensor model. The reason I wouldn't get the top of the line is that leather on a remote is a foolish idea in my opinion, but some will just have to have it to be different, only to find that everyone else got that model too. What you want and need is the best for the least, and that is the 150 model.

If you decide to do long range one day (if you can afford to loose your gear when it goes down possibly miles away, IF it's even legal where you live) then you can add a (likely) TBS Crossfire module or IRC Ghost depending on which you think is stronger since the radio has a JR bay in the back.

Since you are starting with a Multi Protocol module (means it can talk to a number of different receiver protocols, not just 1 like in the past) you have a choice, but you still can't really beat Frsky for range and simplicity, so I would stick with R-XSR's and XM+'s till I couldn't get them anymore.

Also, keep in mind, the radio/TX is just a dumb computer when you take it out of the box, it will be a learning curve in itself just to program the radio. You will need to think about which switch's seems natural for different functions for you, and which direction and positions you want to use to do what functions, like Arming/Disarming, possible flight modes (Angle, Horizon, Acro), Beeper, and maybe Turtle Mode or vTX Pit Mode, things like that.

There is a huge learning curve to getting all these things configured and working, but the reward is worth it.

I opted for the Jumper TSG V3. I really like the smaller form factor for packing my bag. Is runs Deviation as opposed to Open TX which sometimes makes it harder to troubleshoot. Still a great radio. Get whatever Hightechpauper recommends and you'll be happy.
Definitely Multi-protocol and Hall gimbals

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I opted for the Jumper TSG V3. I really like the smaller form factor for packing my bag. Is runs Deviation as opposed to Open TX which sometimes makes it harder to troubleshoot. Still a great radio. Get whatever Hightechpauper recommends and you'll be happy.
Definitely Multi-protocol and Hall gimbals
@mrmund gives me too much credit, and in the end the radio has to suit you @cmalo, so try to research, and if we can answer some questions to help, we will be glad to.

Have to agree with @HighTechPauper with regards to the radiomaster TX16S Hall. Just upgraded from a QX7S to the above and it is certainly a better radio to use, apart from the smoother gimbals, it runs openTx and migrating my quads from the older radio to the new one was simple and just seems to be a much better unit all round. If you want to move up from Frsky receivers one day to crossfire, again a simple process.
Again, the investment sits on your head and around your neck, and being able to grow with your quad fleet as you get dragged down the rabbit hole ?

Thanks all for replies.

i just searched a bit more on youtube and came across some more quads:

Walkera F210 3D
Walkera F250 Professional

hoe do these compare to the eMax tinyhawk and eachine novice 3 ?

Also are there any FPV race drones that have a possibility to have some doet of altitude hold or a setting that the drone wont go lower then a certain height to avoid crashing on the ground ? Would be good for practice i think

Last edited:
Walkera has been stealing peoples money for more than 10 years selling outdated quads for very high prices, no one in this group would ever buy one. This is not the hobby for altitude hold, and while there are some that have a barometer it will not keep you from crashing into the ground, it is not a precise thing that can do that for you.

I would sooner buy a wizard x220s than buy anything from Walkera. A friend bought his around to ‘fix’ and I convinced him to throw it on the bin. From memory the cost to repair it and have it still fly like a pig was approaching replacement cost. Just about anything from emax for example in the frame size you’re looking at will be light years ahead.
Not sure if you want to leap into 5” quads at the moment as they can be flying tomahawks if you get it wrong. I would get a quality (dependent on budget) transmitter, goggles and start out with maybe a 3” quad that can be flown in reasonable wind outside. From my analogue collection, I have an emax baby hawk, a turbobee, fury 3” and a diatone 349. Very capable and generally crash friendly. Great to learn on and more than capable to up skill without selling one of your kidneys.

Thanks gust for all replies, i really appreciate how helpfull this community is for a new guy like me !!!

i decided to take your guys advice as i feel you guys are experts in this and now i am preparing my first order.

i added:
Radiomaster TX16S
and
Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle

to my cart.
Now i was wondering what i need more.
I want to have all things so i can get going for some while and be able to repair things what have a high chance to get broken.

i think i now need a receiver?
Any recommendations ?

Also propellors i am not able to figure out on banggood which Ones are for the tinyhawk. And are the standard that come with the drone the best or any alternatives?

Same question for batterys ?
And it comes standard with 1s or 2s ?
I think 2s is faster then 1s ? And would be better to start with 1s?

But i would like to order 2S aswell so i am ready for when i am able to fly with it.

which 1S and 2S batterys should i order

then i need goggles, i want a good one that is future proof, and Will last me a long time.

also any other things i forgot and need to order ?

sorry for all the (stupid) questions

thanks!

I use 1s 520mah. It uses two at a time so get a bunch. It doesn't use 2s unless you modify it.
Avan Rush 2.5" propellers
The Tinyhawk Freestyle 2 comes with a reciever built in so you won't need to add one(you can later if you want)

You'll also want to install Betaflight on your computer. Betaflight is the OS used on the flight controller of the Freestyle. When you connect it to your computer in Betaflight you'll be able to set up the switches on your transmitter and adjust settings on the qwad itself.

Message me when you get your Tinyhawk Freestyle 2, there's a mod you can do with some double sided tape and a hot glue gun the will make the electronics sturdier

Good luck and happy flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz