Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Trashed Can!

Terablitz259

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought an eachine trashcan a few months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, unfortunately I was hit by a strong gust of wind mid flight, causing it to fall into a nearby stream. I managed to retrieve the drone and used a phone water repair kit to get it working again. Somehow the drone now entirely works except for one of the ESCs (have checked all the motors). Is there any way of replacing or bypassing this on a micro drone, or will I have to buy a whole new 4 in 1 flight controller board?

There is no way of fixing this without an SMD repair workstation and significant soldering skills, knowing exactly what is wrong (just a blown FET or something more), and being able to get the parts at a reasonable cost. Buy a new board.

Hi there,

I bought an eachine trashcan a few months ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it. However, unfortunately I was hit by a strong gust of wind mid flight, causing it to fall into a nearby stream. I managed to retrieve the drone and used a phone water repair kit to get it working again. Somehow the drone now entirely works except for one of the ESCs (have checked all the motors). Is there any way of replacing or bypassing this on a micro drone, or will I have to buy a whole new 4 in 1 flight controller board?
Hate to say this but having waxed two other trashcans, the last one landing in the chook water bowl, you will have to go down the road of buying another AIO board. I tried to make one board out of two but the work involved with a soldering iron to do so turned the board into a pile of slop. Good news is the new boards are of the V2 variety and a lot of the earlier bugs have been ironed out.

Maybe, just maybe, there's still a tiny bit of water under some chip. Warm up the board with a hair dryer for at least five minutes. It may not work, but you have nothing to lose, right?

Not much use to save the Trashcan FC, but I've had great success with Silicone Conformal Coating when it comes to Waterproofing electronics. It's cheap and very effective - I've coated all of my quads now, along with some other miscellaneous electronics. Highly recommended!

Reactions: mrmund

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax