Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Eachine Vista Nebula on Eachine X220 Wizard

Noobnoobnoob

Reaction score
Has anyone here had the cojones to install a Vista/Air Unit, in a X220 Wizard, Bangood had a stupid deal for Black Friday on the Eachine branded Vista kit and I couldn't pass it up. There are 2 options for it, either as a Pilot cam for my Inspire 1 (safe option) or just upgrade my Wizard with it (chances ae I will destroy it LOL, such is life. Has anyone done something like this on the Wizard? If so, should I change the stack and esc and just keep the chassis or will the hem stuff be good enough for a while, it is all still alive even though I've had numerous encounters with the pavement. Can anyone guide me in the install?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Interesting, just fitted a vista unit to my ti 6 chameleon and it worked a treat. Upgrading the AIO to a matek f7, anyway investing a vista on a wizard will as a minimum double it’s value. From memory the wizard runs a F3 so as long as you can find a spare UART, maybe it’s worthwhile. The frame is big enough to fit the vista and I guess you’ll be running analogue (as opposed to digital). You can run vbat up to 6S so connection is easy, configure it in Betaflight and see what happens. The nebula camera is not the best but the v2 version is certainly much better.

Actually running analog would be pointless, will be running digital with DJI goggles, for the Wizard the nebula is a big step ahead so I’ll be happy with the wider fov. What I’m curious about is if I can actually run both digital and analog simultaneously which would be cool to let someone go along for the ride, since I don’t have other DJI goggles. The nebula can run both, however don’t know if it can pull that or if the analog and digital will collide with one another. AnywayI still have no clue how I’m going to set this up, hopefully the vista doesn’t go up in flames.

Actually running analog would be pointless, will be running digital with DJI goggles, for the Wizard the nebula is a big step ahead so I’ll be happy with the wider fov. What I’m curious about is if I can actually run both digital and analog simultaneously which would be cool to let someone go along for the ride, since I don’t have other DJI goggles. The nebula can run both, however don’t know if it can pull that or if the analog and digital will collide with one another. AnywayI still have no clue how I’m going to set this up, hopefully the vista doesn’t go up in flames.
Ok, sounds like an interesting plot you’ve got going there. You would need to run an analogue vtx and the Caddx unit and stuffing it into a wizard frame should be straightforward. As long as you have a spare UART as I mentioned before, it will certainly power up but as for sharing the same camera at the same time, I wouldn’t think so. I would be thinking that everyone would be doing it to compensate for the lack of hdmi on the dji goggles.
If you get it working, post it up. Apparently there is a v2 dji goggle coming out in the new year with hdmi out and every man and his dog will be buying a set.

I'd rather have hdmi in actually hahahahaha, yeah I'm backwards, I would like to use them when flying my EVO2 and/or my Inspire 1 though I have Yuneec Skyviews for them, but with those. I have to use glasses while for some stupid reason I don't with the DJIs I also don't want to have 100 goggles right now the DJIs are doing double duty with the analog adaptor.
Now if you would be so kind as to explain to me wtef a uart and how do I know if I have spares? LOL

A UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter) is just the fancy name for a Serial Port, you do have extras on the board, you just need to figure out which one(s) are free on your quad. Here is the manual for the SPRacing F3 for your reference.

Attachments

• SPRacingF3-Manual-latest.pdf
    984.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: tevek
A UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter) is just the fancy name for a Serial Port, you do have extras on the board, you just need to figure out which one(s) are free on your quad. Here is the manual for the SPRacing F3 for your reference.
Your answer sounds better than the one I would’ve posted, something like:
Plug the quad into Betaflight, see which UARTs are being used in the ports tab, look for the spare ones on your FC and solder the wire thingos onto them. Switch it on in the ports tab and hope for the best. Oh and take your props off!

• Haha
Your answer sounds better than the one I would’ve posted, something like:
Plug the quad into Betaflight, see which UARTs are being used in the ports tab, look for the spare ones on your FC and solder the wire thingos onto them. Switch it on in the ports tab and hope for the best. Oh and take your props off!
"hope for the best" sure makes me feel all warm and fuzzy LOL. Thanks guys Chinese is not in any of my 2 language groups, but sure sounds like ur talking Chinese to me. But I did understand "props off"

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax