Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Easy to swap cameras on the Vista Nebula?

rktman

Reaction score
Have a Vista Nebula Nano system in an iFlight A85, (haven't even flown it yet) and was disappointed enough in the YT videos of the camera, and criticisms, that I purchase a Nebula Pro camera and cable from Caddx on faith that it would be simple PNP. Have I guessed right, or will I need to return the camera when it makes it here on the Slow Boat from China?

Very simple swap as long as you have a good set of angled ESD tweezers.

Very simple swap as long as you have a good set of angled ESD tweezers.
Thanks droneguy! I suppose then it "just works"? Or is there some Vista config that needs to be done?

Yes just just works... the connector is very small and need to "click" into place. As long as it's sitting flat and straight, it just pops right in.

LOL! This video shows you the best way to break your camera cable connection when trying to remove it. If you're gonna pry it off like that, at least use a plastic pry tool or something other that a fat old screwdriver.

LOL! This video shows you the best way to break your camera cable connection when trying to remove it. If you're gonna pry it off like that, at least use a plastic pry tool or something other that a fat old screwdriver.
No its not a fat old screwdriver is a FLAT thin screwdriver. LOL. Not everyone has a pry tool. This guy uses tweezers and a razor blade.

Conductive long metal pry bar versus sensitive tiny electronics. You tube is full of this kind of ridiculousness. Anyone with the least bit of training with electronics would cringe at these poor examples of how to service electronic devices. I have a drone repair business and see this craziness all the time. Just this week, I just re-soldered a torn gibmal connector of a phantom 3 Pro due to an over-zealous "handyman" with a screw driver. Tore 3 pads of the PCB.

My nebula pro is coming next week, so hopefully I do not break it. I returned my chimera4 because of a vibration in one the motors and bought a geprc baby crocodile 4 inch, this one flies pretty well, got a good deal 220 from RDQ but it came also with the nebula v2 so I will be replacing it.

I'm just replacing the nano, which has a crappy image compared to the pro. Any recording from the A85 will be for fun, on the goggles, but I really cringe at the over sharpening on the nano, and poor dynamic range.

Haven;t even got the A85 in the air yet... What I thought was going to be simple BNF with the new DJI FPV, well, isn't.

It's actually a good thing -- forcing me to learn some tech details about the FPV drone side of the hobby!

Here's video that caused me to purchase a Pro to replace the Nano blind before I've even flown:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput