Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Enable 1200mW output power

memlak

Reaction score
This is how you can activate 1200mW transmission power on the DJI FPV drone:

First you have to unlock FCC, to do this (you don't need to do this if you are in FCC region = US):

• Take the micro SD card out of the drone
  • Create a text file in the root directory and name it naco.txt
  • Write 1 in the text file (which means FCC mode for USA)
  • Insert the SD card into the drone
  • Turn on the glasses, then turn on the drone

You are now in FCC mode and a maximum of 700mW transmission power is possible.

Other numbers for other regions (naco.txt with 3 to switch back to CE 25mW):

1. 1 - FCC mode for US, 8 channels
  2. 2 - FCC mode for Canada 4 channels
  3. 3 - CE 4 channels
  4. 4 - CN SRRC 4 channels
  5. 5 - JP Japan 3 channels
  6. 6 - KR Korea 4 channels
  7. 7 - BR Brazil 4 channels
  8. 8 - FR CCA 4 channels

Now you can still unlock 1200mW. A further step is necessary for this:

• Create a TXT file and name it naco_pwr.txt
  • Enter pwr_2 in the text file
  • Save and close
  • Copy naco_pwr.txt onto the SD card
  • Turn on the glasses and the drone and wait for the image from the camera to appear
  • Insert the SD card into the DJI Goggle
  • Restart Goggle

Now the drone is unlocked and you can choose between:

• 25mW
  • 200mW
  • 500mW
  • 700mW
  • 1200mW
Transmission power.

Only do it if you have a special permit.

Unbenannt.PNG

Reactions: garththehoser
To clarify this is for the DJI FPV system (air unit), not the DJI FPV drone.

No. It works with the Goggles v2 when they're in air unit mode, but doesn't work with the drone.

Reactions: droneguy
Hi. I have the FPV combo with the 1st FPV Goggles V2 firmware that “auto loaded”. It’s 01.01.00.00. The 1200 mw hack does not work on my system.

It should be fine, working here. For the FPV unit that is, as mentioned you can't use that with the drone.

Quick question here, I heard that the V2 Goggles cannot pair simultaneously with air units, vistas AND the FPV Drone, that in order to go from the AirUnit etc to the fpv darned and back again they have to be linked every time. Can anyone confirm this?

Well you have to switch the goggles between drone mode and air unit mode (select in the menu, reboot goggles) and then bind by pressing the bind button on the goggles and air unit resp. goggles, drone and RC (long press the power button for both the latter)

It's not a dealbreaker by any stretch but a few button presses that shouldn't really be necessary.

Mod Removed ) silly and typical of DJI to make something that could be so convenient and simple absolutely not convenient had I known this It would have been a deal breaker for me, bad enough they can'l make a remote that controls any 2 of their products, real thiefs this company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if you're going to pass on the FPV drone just because of having to press 2/3 buttons at the beginning of a flight session when you switch between one and the other I would say you have weird priorities... :)

My priorities are to not break the bank, selling the V1s was going to make the hit of the DJI less painful, maybe you have tons of disposable income, I don't.

But I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to sell the V1s...

Interesting.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
But I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to sell the V1s...
Gees bro, what's so hard to understand I want fly my birds as and when I want without having to be pairing every time I want to switch from one to another, how difficult can it be for the goggles to keep all the pairing info as it does on the V1 goggles for multiple craft. I prefer to spend my time flying rather that messing about with unnecessary ( Mod Rremoved )So I will end up keeping my V1s so all I have to do is change goggles. Don't know how much experience you've had with DJI products, but I've had friends brick controllers during the pairing process including a DJI tech binding a brand new remote to my inspire, as part of troubleshooting my remote. Bricked it and could not reverse it. There are multiple reports of people not being able to get the initial pairing done, it is typical DJI, always come up with something "new and better" that just creates chaos. So no I prefer not to end up with paperweights if I can help it thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought the DJI FPV Combo (my first FPV drone) and wanted to try the 1200mW mod, however, after putting the file on the SD card and inserting the SD card into the headset (V2 Goggles) nothing changes in the UI. I'm in the US, so I didn't bother with the FCC hack. The firmware version is 01.01.00.00

NOTE: I did notice that in the Goggles UI, in the About section, that there's a line to switch to "Digital FPV". I tried that option, restarted the goggles, and then the UI changes. I found the max transmission option, but it's greyed out and not selectable.

Does the 1200mW mod work for the DJI FPV Combo ?

I noticed a bunch of youtube videos discussing the "DJI digital FPV System"
the website shows "! Not available in your country/region". Does the 1200mW transmission mod only work with that ?

Last edited:
The 1200mW mod is only for the Air unit/Caddx when the goggles are in "Digital FPV" mode, the FPV combo works differently and being in the USA you've already got max power there.

... and being in the USA you've already got max power there.
Ok, thanks for that explanation. I was flying yesterday and the signal degraded quite heavily after only 0.6 miles (1km) so I wanted to unlock the true potential - but if it's already at max then I suppose that's all it can do.

What's the process? that sucks I was hoping to sell my V1s to help bankroll the Combo, now it sees like a bad idea, or maybe getting the combo is the bad idea.
Well, "pain" is subjective. I agree it's annoying, but I certainly wouldn't avoid the FPV because of it. Takes a handful of seconds and a few button pushes. Takes way more effort and time just to get everything out, set up, and take off.

Matter of perspective...

Reactions: Anzacjack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya