Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

ESC broken?

Marijn

Reaction score
Hello, I'm building a new quad and have some problems with my 4 in 1 esc. I wired my esc up to my motors and fc and I got all the motors to spin. But I smelled a bit of a burnt smell after unplugging the battery, coming from the esc. After plugging the battery in for some testing for the motors I saw just a little bit of smoke coming from the battery leads on the esc. Now when I plug in the battery, this happens: VID_20200826_211726.mp4 . Do you guys think I'm able to save it and have an idea what went wrong? I think I just have to buy a new one, but maybe someone has a way to fix it.

I also thinking of using 4 single ESC's instead of the 4 in 1 esc in case this happens again.

Double check your ESC protocol in Betaflight Configuration tab, and check what rev of BLHeli is on the ESC, this does not look like a destroyed ESC by the indications.

Reactions: Wayno52 and tevek
Thanks so much! The only thing that is still happening is the burnt smell coming from the ESC after I connected the battery to the drone. Is that a bad sign?

The smell is only noticable when I hold my nose about 10 cm (4 inches) from the ESC by the way, so the smell is not super bad

Often there can be some smoke from left over flux on the board, and often there is a smell, I wouldn't worry about it because there is nothing that can be done, if it works and the quad flies, then go fly! ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax