Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Every time I take my kwad out, she gets drunk and crazy on me!

Just had a quick tree to trim, and then I can get back to having some fun!
This one is a 1080P24 mpeg file instead of a 720p avi file, wanted to see if there was a difference I could see or hear.
Just testin this stuff out to see what works...

If you listen to start, one of the 3 dogs is barking at me, I kept telling him to shut up, but he just wouldn't... it was dinner time...
This one is a 1080P24 mp4 and I think H.264 encoded, any diff this time? Still trying to figure this video thing out.

I’ll tell you one thing Randy, you outa be darn proud of yourself mate. Fantastic first vlogs that camera is great for something so small. Your all over it and it made me smile to see how far you’ve come. If I knew how to add those imogie thingies it would be a big thumbs up from me. Well done mate. Wayne

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I’ll tell you one thing Randy, you outa be darn proud of yourself mate. Fantastic first vlogs that camera is great for something so small. Your all over it and it made me smile to see how far you’ve come. If I knew how to add those imogie thingies it would be a big thumbs up from me. Well done mate. Wayne

:)
Thanks buddy, means a lot to me!

Reactions: Wayno52
Looks like you have a mid throttle yaw twitch, usually means your "P" value on yaw is a little high
EDIT: or yaw "D" is too low
I noticed that too so I'm sure something is not right but I don't know what to try. Everything is at stock settings, can you suggest a tweak to try Vv?

I have found that most of the time, yaw twitches are the result of excessive vibrations getting to the flight controller but they are usually noticeable when hovering. Any yaw twitches when hovering? That being said, isolating the fc with o-rings or whatever method will usually fix it otherwise you tune it out as a last resort. To tune it out, just add a little d and or subtract a little p until its gone.

Also, keep a check on your motors anytime you play with pids, too much p can make your motors run hot. i check my motors constantly, if you cant keep your fingers on a motor because its too hot, something needs to be adjusted

Thanks Vv!

I have stuff coming this week to start soft mounting/isolating stuff (thinking FC and motors here)
I have a couple of RC Splits, a TBS Unify Pro V3, a Tramp (figure I would try them both), and trying to figure out which MinumOSD to add to the mix to get some heads up in my goggles.
I figure winter is a perfect time to teardown and mod these things, but I just can't bear to do it while they still fly and the weather is holding up.
So over the winter and into the spring I'm sure I will want to ping you and Green to give me pointers if that's ok.
For right now I am just trying to learn on "stock out of the box", if I can fly that, some tweaks should just make it better once I can tell the difference.
Thanks again buddy, truly appreciated!!!

Randy

You are welcome to quiz me anytime hopefully, i'll be able to help you. In my opinion, the only thing soft mounting motors helps is video quality, and im not sure about that either. Isolating your fc from vibrations is a must for smooth control. The absolute best way to mount a fc is with the raceflight type of gummies, they work great.
RaceFlight Gummies - RaceFlight Store

You are welcome to quiz me anytime hopefully, i'll be able to help you. In my opinion, the only thing soft mounting motors helps is video quality, and im not sure about that either. Isolating your fc from vibrations is a must for smooth control. The absolute best way to mount a fc is with the raceflight type of gummies, they work great.
RaceFlight Gummies - RaceFlight Store

10-4, I have o-rings coming but I may have to try a set of these. So you just drill out the mounting holes on the FC and push the gummy into it? Do you need a thread locker? Or do you just torque it a little and the compression on the gummy's keeps things tight?

Yes you drill out the mounting holes and install the gummies, you may break the outer ring of the hole but it doesnt matter. i dont use thread locker at all and the gummies need no nut if the fc installs on studs. If you use bolts, barely tighten them so as not to compress the gummies
I try to do my stack so i have studs to slide my fc onto, i'll post a pic, 1sec
2017-11-13 11.33.38.jpg

Makes perfect sense, I assume you check that your FC is still laying flat and hasn't moved up the standoff after landing/before flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya