Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Everything's ready...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
...but the weather!!!!

(Sorry, I should have put this under the "photos and videos" section. I cant figure out a way to move it.)

IMG_7802.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
Not with the weather the way it's been lately! When the suns out and the winds low this is a great place to fly. Anytime your in SD, stop on by!

That's the X-Ray frame I busted a few weeks ago.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
12 days of rain, that sounds awful.
Nice collection Jerry. Flew the new bird just now...no sprint just a shake down. All seems perfect. My new radio is telling me the db is around 95 or so...my last radio was at about 85.

Peace. Keith

Keith,

Glad you got it sorted and you're back in the air! I just got about an hour of flying in. Real windy but at least I got in the air. Still have the dip problem with the new HellBender, guess I'll replace the ESC next. See if that it. Waiting for parts for the next build!

Jerry

Jerry,
I hope to fly at least 6 packs tomorrow...
Hopefully

Peace
Thanks Jerry
Keith

Hey Jerry,
As per usual i found out this morning in YT that i have been flying with a transmitting strength of 200mh when 600mh was available . In your gt2 is that what you fly with? And does it use a measurable amount of juice? And is that the strength of the transmission to the radio?

Thank you Kindly
Keith

Keith,

Yes, I fly my GT2 at 200mw. Your bird may have the SP3 which has a 25, 200, 600mw VTX in it. I'm not sure that it'll have a great impact on your battery but it will produce more heat. I'd try 200 if you don't feel you're getting good enough range bump it to 600. It's the strength that the VTX is outputting to your goggles. It has nothing to do with the radio.

Jerry

Reactions: Speeder
Jerry,
That was a great response to my questions...i remember the knowledge...just checking my understanding so i may pass it on to others correctly and with confidence.

Going flying with the new bird and radio...1 hour

Keith

Keith, good luck flying!

Here's the way I understand the whole communication process.

The bird-side Radio Receiver (Ex: FrSky XSR) primarily "receivers" input from the Radio (Ex: FrSky QX7). However, in some cases (Ex: XSR) it can also transmit telemetry data back to the radio. The radio and bird-side receiver utilize the 2.4ghz band.

The bird-side Video Transmitter or VTX (EX: Diatone SP3) "transmits" video data back to the receiver in the Goggles, monitor or display device (Ex: FatShark). It may also transmit On-Screen-Display (OSD) data back to the video receiver. The VTX and Video Receiver utilize the 5.8ghz band.

Jerry

Thank you so much Jerry...especially the 2.4 and 5.8 gig. Info that can confusing for very new people like me.

Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
I flew 6 packs through my new GT200 today... windy as heck.
Again...the problems i had with the other bird were not there today. Bad video.600 mw the video was strong and clean and no limit with distance (safely) . The delay in radio to bird action was gone . (Correct antennas) I took 1 to many passes and lost connection. It took about 45 minutes to find but thank God i did. 2 broken props. I sent a note to the powers that be in here about starting a thread just about batteries, kind type used ,c rating ma rating and why for all of the above. As i said in the note...it is the 1 thing that keeps the investment in the air. And i can speak to personal experience that a battery failure is very expensive.
I need all the information on brand c rating and why ,you guys can give. Which has the longest run time and why. Discharge rates and what does that mean. Simple questions but I'm betting there are more than jut a few folks on here that would greatly appreciate that knowledge...oh 1 more, with a 4s at what voltage should i bring the bird home?

What a ramble...its important stuff
Always seek peace
Keith

Keith,

Glad you got a chance to get some air time and that things are working well. I got a few packs in for tests between the rain. Couldn't do too much because I didn't want to drop the birds in the wet grass.

I'm curious about how far you're trying to fly your bird. I drop mine quite a bit but more because of trying new things or new maneuvers than any sort of range issues. (Always verify that your beeper is working before you take off. I've got two that are not working so I won't even fly them until I fix them. Also, set a manual beeper switch on your radio.) Unlike aerial photography birds these things aren't designed for distance as most races are in a somewhat confined area. Perhaps you should consider shortening your flight boundaries.

I'm far from an expert on battery info but would venture to say that most of the info you're seeking is available on YT and Google. Getting a handle on all the variables you're seeking regarding batteries would require a lot of time and research. Maybe you should take on that task and provide some education for the rest of us. (I tried to put a smiley face here three times but it won't take for some reason?)

I am glad you're enjoying your new hobby and GT2!

Jerry

Hi Jerry
Thank you sir for your comments about the battery thread.
Yesterday you asked about distance away and so forth.
It was breezy and turned into windy ...decided to make 1 more pass in front of me and then the wind kicked in. My battery was low and the wind was to strong and blew the bird behind me .i was about 100 yards to the right of me...without the wind would have made it back.

Peace
Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irelandmine