Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Explorer LR good? HELP WITH SETUP PLEASSSEE IM NEW

SPS657

Reaction score
Hey guys I have made one post before about how I used to fly gas helis at a professional level when I was a kid. I flew with Mr wheaton alot and the Stacy's and other members of futaba and spectrum 5 years ago. I ended up having to pay rent once and hadnt flown in years because of an ex gf...ew... anyways I got rid of my futaba radio and sold everything I had because I was broke and needed the money and hadn't flown. HOWEVER I have been obsessing ever since i whipped my buddies whooopin cinimatic drone, and now I want something similar that has a long range and flys intense. I have been out of the game and everything has changed. So If you guys Could tell me what receiver type to pick on this page when I order. Or you guys might know a better site, but I also need suggestions for a radio, receiver,goggles, everything... Im sorry for the long read. hopefully I get alot of setup suggestions. (low limited budget), but I do want a drone that I can put my go pro on
By the way this is what Im looking at if anyone knows where a better site is. shipping to ny and I am going to need to buy a bunch of things so any good websites let me know! need the whole setup. My go pro has to be able to mount and I am not sure with the batteries on this explorer are going to let me mount my 7 silver.

Reactions: Sequre
Welcome back. Budget aside i would be going crossfire and sticking a cadx digital vTX in it so you can use the DJI goggles. It'll be big money though compared to just sticking with frSky and analogue vTX

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
From what I’ve read, the explorer lr is about 30-40 days behind in production terms. Apparently there have been a number of qc/qa issues with them and a lot of frustrated customers. As for mounting a GoPro on it, the additional weight takes away from the design of the quad and reduces the flight times considerably. You can mount an insta 360 on it but given the quality of the goggles footage I’m not going to bother at all (assuming I can ever get my hands on one).
I've already got the DJI goggles and a few HD quads that I fitted with crossfire, so if you can stump up the beans, go digital.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Reactions: tevek
est radio for long range? I heard teranis 5.8? I just want a long distance fast drone and the best radio.....

From what I’ve read, the explorer lr is about 30-40 days behind in production terms. Apparently there have been a number of qc/qa issues with them and a lot of frustrated customers. As for mounting a GoPro on it, the additional weight takes away from the design of the quad and reduces the flight times considerably. You can mount an insta 360 on it but given the quality of the goggles footage I’m not going to bother at all (assuming I can ever get my hands on one).
I've already got the DJI goggles and a few HD quads that I fitted with crossfire, so if you can stump up the beans, go digital.
sorry just really out of the loop. Going to start by buying the best radio. I will probably get into fixed wing fpv too so thats why I want the best radio. Willing to buy used. Actually trying to buy used. I wish someone would just ell me a setup ready to fly and when I brake it Ill bust out my soldering skills and learn!

sorry just really out of the loop. Going to start by buying the best radio. I will probably get into fixed wing fpv too so thats why I want the best radio. Willing to buy used. Actually trying to buy used. I wish someone would just ell me a setup ready to fly and when I brake it Ill bust out my soldering skills and learn!
The radio master tx16s gets a good rap, runs open TX and if you want to run tbs crossfire, the module will fit in the bay at the rear of the transmitter. You can buy a dedicated crossfire radio but you are locked into that system and not run other receivers (e.g. Frsky).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax