Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Extremely fast drone

tomstell

Reaction score
Hello
I am Thomas from Cyprus. I have been flying a variety of FPS drones for almost a year (5 inch, 2.5 inch, tiny whoop). I want to build or buy a 5 inch racing drone. This will not be for racing but just for fun and so I would like it to be super fast. So far I have decided to use the Five33 frame as it's lightweight. I would appreciate some advice on motors, FC and ESC. For the motors I'm leaning towards 2207 high kv (6S). Specifically, I'm between:
FOXEER DATURA 2207.5 FPV MOTOR - 1960KV
XNOVA LITE SPEED 2207-2050KV RACING LINE MOTOR SERIES - 1 PC.
AXIS FLYING AF227 2207 FPV DRONE MOTOR - 2010KV
T-MOTOR MCK 2207.5 V3 (2100KV)
LUMENIER 2207 2050KV CHIEF RACING MOTOR V2
T-MOTOR BLACK BIRD 2207 V2.0 1950KV
HYPERLITE 2208.5-2222KV TEAM EDITION

For FC and ESC I am thinking

T-MOTOR - MINI RACER F7​

T-MOTOR ULTRA F55A 4IN1 MINI ESC​

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!
Thomas.

For motors, I would rule out the T-Motor Blackbird and the Axis-flying motors, as the other motors would excel at such high power, not sure about the Xnova Lightspeed and MCK motors. The Hyperlite motors are definitely the most extreme, Lumenier Chief motors 2nd for a pure speed build/over voltage. Also consider Rcinpower motors especially if you aren't super confident in your battery, and as I'm sure you know less amp draw makes your quad faster for longer.

Fc and ESC, you would want a 4 in 1 Esc with at least 50amps 6s. I don't know if you can fit 30x30mm or just 20x20mm. For 30x30mm there is a Diatone Mamba stack that has a 128k 65amp ESC and F7 FC with wifi. For 20x20mm a Holybro Kakute F7 FC and a compatible Tekko32 ESC 50amps.

There are plenty other options and this is only my opinion.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! RCinPower is only 1860kv and I was wondering whether this would affect the speed as well as the rpms. As far as hyperlite are concerned (228.5 and 2222kv) are they going to be better and compatible? Also, T MOTOR blackbird with high kv (2100) aren't they better?

As for the FC, I have to use 20x20mm (my frame is five33). Also, the kakute and Tekko are up to 45Amps and are hard to come by. What do you think about the T MOTOR mini racer F7 with ESC ultra F55amp mini?

Thanks,
Thomas.

Even though they are a lower kv (rpm per volt) the Rcinpower motors create 10% more thrust than the Blackbird motors, based on thrust test results on sites that sell them (not completely accurate as they weren't using any of the same props so 10% is based off closest comparison). It is because of air gap, torque, quality, efficiency etc. I was looking at this Tekko ESC, I should have specified.
The T-Motor mini racer F7 and Ultra F55 esc looks good, for that fc I recommend that you soft mount it. The one thing with it which isn't usually a big deal (depending on how much you like soldering) is the screw holes are very close to the pads which there are a lot of surrounding the board and no plugs or holes in pads so you will need to direct solder everything, again depends on you if that is a big deal or not.

When purely for speed some people use 2450kv or similar motors for 4s but on 6s. Many motors wouldn't survive and it is difficult to make run smoothly. You could get a higher kv motor but throttle cap it to whatever pectent you like. But this does make your quad a little less efficient.

I don't know which of the 533 frames your building, but I believe all of them can take both 30x30 and 20x20 stacks - except for the tine trainer, which isn't a 5" so probably not what your building.

I believe there are alot more FC's currently availible in the 30x30 variety... and they are usually easier to solder.

Hello,
Thank you for your suggestions. The frame is the five33 switchback Pro lite and it only takes 20x20 so my options are limited.

For motors I cannot use high kv 6s instead of 4s as they break. There are two hyperlite motors 2207.5 and 2208.5 with 2222kv. One is 4g lighter than the other. Which one do you thing is faster? Is this a better choice than RCinPower or luminier chief?
Thanks,
Thomas.

The other thing to be careful of is if there is a speed limit where you fly. Also if thinking of high kv 6s you should watch this video by Joshua Bardwell.

Hello
I am Thomas from Cyprus. I have been flying a variety of FPS drones for almost a year (5 inch, 2.5 inch, tiny whoop). I want to build or buy a 5 inch racing drone. This will not be for racing but just for fun and so I would like it to be super fast. So far I have decided to use the Five33 frame as it's lightweight. I would appreciate some advice on motors, FC and ESC. For the motors I'm leaning towards 2207 high kv (6S). Specifically, I'm between:
FOXEER DATURA 2207.5 FPV MOTOR - 1960KV
XNOVA LITE SPEED 2207-2050KV RACING LINE MOTOR SERIES - 1 PC.
AXIS FLYING AF227 2207 FPV DRONE MOTOR - 2010KV
T-MOTOR MCK 2207.5 V3 (2100KV)
LUMENIER 2207 2050KV CHIEF RACING MOTOR V2
T-MOTOR BLACK BIRD 2207 V2.0 1950KV
HYPERLITE 2208.5-2222KV TEAM EDITION

For FC and ESC I am thinking

T-MOTOR - MINI RACER F7​

T-MOTOR ULTRA F55A 4IN1 MINI ESC​

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!
Thomas.

I fly my old Xnova 2207 2300kv and 2400kv Motors on 5s and for Longrange even on 6s Lions and 5" Props. They hold up for years so if you search for a powerful setup that will last get one of those :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya