Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

finder buzzer

thetechnobear

Reaction score
yay, I got new 5" Drone, really happy with it, except one small annoyance - which I would like to remedy.

its got a JHE42 buzzer on it, theres a couple of things I dont really like it.

its large - and given the diatone frame with dji is pretty compact, its placed behind the camera which no ideal.
when you remove the battery it goes off unless you press reset. but the reset button is tiny and fiddly.
also the button is aligned to the connecting cable which is a bit odd (when you consider placement)

I get why the buzzer goes off (in case of battery eject in a crash), but having to find the fiddly button every time I change battery is a bit of a pain.

I guess, I could just remove it - at the moment whilst learning, Im not flying anywhere Im likely to loose it, and I guess as im recording in the googles,
hopefully this would give me an indication of where it went down...
But I guess mid-term, its not a bad idea...

so Im wondering, are there some better options?
something more compact? with a better accessible switch to turn off?

the vifly cable looks better placed, and it looks like its got a better/bigger switch - thoughts?

what would be nice, is perhaps a buzzer where the reset switch is separate, and can be mounted more conviently away from the buzzer.
one thought, I had with the JHE was to desolder the reset switch, and replace it with a wires to another momentary switch.

I know its a small thing, but the JHE is incredibly loud, and so literally painful when it goes off accidentally ;)

Yes, painfully loud when you finally get up to your qwad after wading through hip high grass and reaching down and finding it under a bush...
Keep the buzzer for sure, it'll definitely save your qwad someday.
I've got the ViFly versions and the button isn't as small as a bind switch but it's not huge either. I can get it with a fingernail but I definitely fiddled around with the buzzer placement to make it accessable.
I like your idea of a remote switch, I'll have to look into it.

I think the 'last straw' was i had a small crash, and battery ejected... so it went off.
no worries - but then the reset switch refused to shut the thing up - which after about 5 minutes was a hurtful.

the only way to shut it up was to short the its power on the buzzer.

but yeah, I can definitely see its useful - gps will only get be to an approximate location, if stuck up in a tree, its still not going to be super obvious where it is exactly :)

remote switch - should be possible to wire in parallel, so you can keep the original switch - in case something happens to the remote switch. I guess, i just need to 'give it a go' :)

yay, I got new 5" Drone, really happy with it, except one small annoyance - which I would like to remedy.

its got a JHE42 buzzer on it, theres a couple of things I dont really like it.

its large - and given the diatone frame with dji is pretty compact, its placed behind the camera which no ideal.
when you remove the battery it goes off unless you press reset. but the reset button is tiny and fiddly.
also the button is aligned to the connecting cable which is a bit odd (when you consider placement)

I get why the buzzer goes off (in case of battery eject in a crash), but having to find the fiddly button every time I change battery is a bit of a pain.

I guess, I could just remove it - at the moment whilst learning, Im not flying anywhere Im likely to loose it, and I guess as im recording in the googles,
hopefully this would give me an indication of where it went down...
But I guess mid-term, its not a bad idea...

so Im wondering, are there some better options?
something more compact? with a better accessible switch to turn off?

the vifly cable looks better placed, and it looks like its got a better/bigger switch - thoughts?

what would be nice, is perhaps a buzzer where the reset switch is separate, and can be mounted more conviently away from the buzzer.
one thought, I had with the JHE was to desolder the reset switch, and replace it with a wires to another momentary switch.

I know its a small thing, but the JHE is incredibly loud, and so literally painful when it goes off accidentally ;)
Many buzzers you can just plug your lipo back into the drone and unplug again to turn it off without finding the button on the buzzer.

I think the 'last straw' was i had a small crash, and battery ejected... so it went off.
no worries - but then the reset switch refused to shut the thing up - which after about 5 minutes was a hurtful.

the only way to shut it up was to short the its power on the buzzer.

but yeah, I can definitely see its useful - gps will only get be to an approximate location, if stuck up in a tree, its still not going to be super obvious where it is exactly :)

remote switch - should be possible to wire in parallel, so you can keep the original switch - in case something happens to the remote switch. I guess, i just need to 'give it a go' :)
If you try that send me some pics and a diagram.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput