Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fix For Frsky Xlite R9M Module Fitment

the.ronin

Reaction score
This is how I fixed my R9M module that didn't quite fit right into my Frsky Xlite radio. Notice how the module does not sit flush into the socket ...

DSC-4793.jpg

When I set up a model using the R9M external, a slight nudge of the module would cut the power LED on it off. No bueno. I noticed the pins on the module itself were angled upward like the connector had been bent ...

DSC-4791.jpg

I cracked open the module to find that the pcb that connector is soldered to was not seated and pulled back. I pushed down on that PCB forcing the connector to straighten itself out ...

DSC-4796.jpg

Now the connectors are straight ...

DSC-4797.jpg

Tested and everything fits flush.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
That is poor build quality, it's good that you could flex it into position, smart move!

Super poor quality. There was also some peeling along one of the edges of the "soft touch" cover. There are youtube videos complaining about this module fitment problem too.

I get that these were in high demand and few retailers had them in stock, but that's no excuse for this crap work. I would've returned it on principal but I'm just getting back into it and needed a radio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kronk