Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight Controller Problems

otoe10

Reaction score
Ok so i have been flying FPV for a good little while now. A few days ago I was ripping around on my Emax Hawk 5. I had a hard landing, but it was a lot softer than some other crashes I had done on it. When I went to pick it up, there was a faint buzzing sound, and no power to the FC, VTX, or receiver.

So, I took it home for further exploration. The Hawk 5 has a (i think) 10 pin connection between the FC and Power board. When I plug the battery in, You hear 3 beeps from the motors, but no FC power. My first thought was that I cracked the FC or some other board. However, after taking the drone apart it apart, it looks perfectly fine.

Heres where things get interesting. I am still able to plug the FC in via USB, and it gets power, and the VTX and receiver get power also.

Therefore, I am asking does anyone think I should replace the FC or the power board?

Those indications are not actually unusual, the 5v power rail and the USB 5v input are separate electrically. The first thing I would do is figure out how the FC gets 5v during normal power from battery, if it gets 5v from the PDB from a 5v regulator on it, or does it get vBat from the PDB and the FC has its own 5v regulator on it. It could just be a broken wire in the harness or it could be a blown 5v regulator, need a meter to check and see what is really going on before deciding what to replace.

Many times we bash the snot out of our quads and all seems fine, and then a much less severe crash kills it, damage is often an accumulative thing that cannot be seen with our eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas