Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight controller won't power on

Pedro679

Reaction score
After building my first quad I was ready to do my first flight, everything went smooth except I crashed into a wall lol.
What happened after that is pretty much obvious, I connect the battery, it makes the first noise but won't do the other one, the light won't turn it on but the receiver is powered up and working fine, I tested with a smoke stopper and there's no short, all wires are still in place so I have no idea what the problem would be.
Also when I connect to betaflight it won't find the port to connect either.
Any help would be awesome!

Sounds like your FC is not getting power fully, or was damaged in the crash, is your receiver getting its power from the FC or somewhere else?
When you get the first 3 tones, that says that the ESC's are booting up and are running, the last 2 tones say that the FC and ESC's are talking to each other.
Maybe a wire has broken inside the insulation, there are really quite a few possibilities.

Sounds like your FC is not getting power fully, or was damaged in the crash, is your receiver getting its power from the FC or somewhere else?
When you get the first 3 tones, that says that the ESC's are booting up and are running, the last 2 tones say that the FC and ESC's are talking to each other.
Maybe a wire has broken inside the insulation, there are really quite a few possibilities.
The receiver is being powered by the FC and yeah I'm getting the 3 tones but the last 2 and the FC light are not working, my guess is the board is damaged because if otherwise it would at least being connected to betaflight which is not, right?

So there are no LED's lit at all on the FC when plugged into BF? Did you try to re-flash the FC? Exactly which FC do you have (make/model)?

So there are no LED's lit at all on the FC when plugged into BF? Did you try to re-flash the FC? Exactly which FC do you have (make/model)?
Exactly the led is not lighting up and what do you mean by re-flashing? It's my first fpv so i'm still learning A LOT lol.
And the FC is a Bardwell F4 AIO

The FC is just a small computer, the BF that runs on it is just a program that runs on it, sometimes they lose some of that BF code and wont run anymore so they wont connect with the configurator. Sometimes it is possible to reprogram the FC through the firmware flasher in the configurator, but to try you need to find the "boot loader" button on the FC once it wont' talk to the configurtor any more. Many have had issues with every version of that board, but no board is perfect and all can have issues. Maybe watch this to get an idea of what this is about and ask a few questions if you still aren't sure. Forget for now that this is an upgrade to 4.1, just get the concept, and forget typing "bl" at the CLI since it won't connect, you would need to try and find the boot loader button and hold it while you plug in the USB. Let me know if you have questions.

Reactions: tevek
Yeah I already watched that, that’s how I learned how to flash the target lol but I’ll try with the button this time, thank you!

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax