Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flyno RatKwad Build

RENOV8R

Reaction score
As they say on Monty Python, now for something a little different.

I know there's a few Flynoceros fans here that'll be interested in this beastie. It arrived a couple days ago and although I haven't opened it up or weighed it, I must say it's a tank. Yes, it's more of a novelty item but as soon as I saw it I had to have it. Reminded me of the Parma hemi Coupe that I had back in the day...
HC.png

I had a chance
to look at this frame and start putting it together and my first impressions are:

-Typical of Flynoceros, you could probably run it over with a transport truck with little to no damage

-quality of the carbon fibre parts is excellent

-you don't realize how big this frame is until you start assembling it. I haven't weighed it or done any measurements, but it's a tank

-with like 14 parts and nothing to go by but a couple photos, it took quite a while to figure out how everything fits together

-considering this frame costs well over $100, the least they could have done is toss in a couple battery straps

-I don't know what printer or filament they use, but quality of the 3D printed parts is amazing

-I was concerned about the COG but in mocking it up a bit on the weekend, seems it will be quite well balanced

-the camera mounting plate only accepts the bracket for a micro camera. This OK but it would nice to have the option of mounting a full-sized camera

-lots of room for at least a 4S 1800mah lipo, maybe bigger

IMG_0051.JPGIMG_0053.JPG

Got a little done, motors are wired up to the ESCs. So far this is a fun build. This is a 280mm frame, so as you can see in the side-by-side comparison with a 5" CMW Smooth Operator, it's got some bulk to it. So far I'm using:
-Brother Hobby Speed Shield 2207.5 1750kv motors
-XRotor Micro 45A 4-in-1 BLHeli_32 ESC
-BrainFPV Radix flight controller

IMG_0058.JPGIMG_0062.JPGIMG_0063.JPG

**** that looks HHHOOTTT!!!! You are putting my wire dressing skills to shame! I just built and am now in the process of tweaking and finalizing the setup of an Armattan Chameleon 6”. I will post it when it’s a little more refined. I had actually planned an iFlight XL8 to go with the 5” but GetFPV had an Easter sale so I couldn’t help it. It was $85 plus 10% off.

It's been a while since I've done anything on this but I've been working on this the last couple days in hopes of maybe testing it this weekend. Stack fits perfectly with 4in1 ESC→Radix FC→Rush Tank VTX→Caddx Turtle board. Big ol' 2200 mah lipo seems to be the perfect size and should make for pretty decent flight time.
IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0094.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax