Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FrSky Q X7 not binding with iFlight Nazgul5 V2 6S Drone

Mattsda

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to drones and I've purchased my first fpv drone - the iflight nazgul v2 from banggood.com with the FrSky R-XSR Receiver, and I've attempted to bind it to my FrSky Taranis QX7 radio.

For Internal RF I'm using XJT D16 mode, channels 1 - 16 and it will not bind. I've also updated my QX7's firmware to make sure I have the latest version: 2.3.12-otx.

I've noticed that after the radio is chirping, I've held the button down on the receiver, and plugged in the battery - both red and green lights activate on the receiver. I'll unplug the battery, stop the chirping, reconnect the battery and for a split second the green light on the receiver will blink then turn off and the red light begins to flash.

I've tried all that I can but being so new to the space I thought I'd reach out for some help. Since both lights are on when plugged in could this be an issue with my receiver not having matching firmware with the radio? I'm considering buying a new new FrSky R-XSR receiver from Amazon since mine came from Banggood and it might have different firmware.

I've attached a photo showing both lights on the receiver when plugged in trying to bind to my QX7. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_3931.jpg

Reactions: Fast and Curious
You got it, the reciever needs to be on the same version as the transmitter. Download the firmware to your radio, plug in the reciever to your radio using the adapter that came with the Nazgul and update (easier said than done).

FrSky has two firmware streams. ACCST and ACCESS. Your radio being older likely had the ACCST firmware. The new R-XSR receivers are shipping with ACCESS which will not work with your radio if you are running ACCESS. I probably help 6-8 people every week to get through this mess and navigate the land mines that are FrSky firmwares. I can definitely help you with detailed instructions if you are up to the challenge. There are many steps required but none are terribly complicated.

Reactions: Fast and Curious
FrSky has two firmware streams. ACCST and ACCESS. Your radio being older likely had the ACCST firmware. The new R-XSR receivers are shipping with ACCESS which will not work with your radio if you are running ACCESS. I probably help 6-8 people every week to get through this mess and navigate the land mines that are FrSky firmwares. I can definitely help you with detailed instructions if you are up to the challenge. There are many steps required but none are terribly complicated.
Yes that would be great, do you have a guide you could share?

Yes that would be great, do you have a guide you could share?

The process will vary depending on your specific situation. Send me a PM and I can help you out.

This is the post that got me to create an account here. I’m having a serious look at the nazgul 5”

I’m using a qx7 purchased in 2021 and already own the dji headset. I’m looking to fly hd version and wondering what needs to happen to get in the air with this configuration. Would getting the dji tx save me me enough trouble to justify the cost?

I wonder how the original problem is panning out.

This is the post that got me to create an account here. I’m having a serious look at the nazgul 5”

I’m using a qx7 purchased in 2021 and already own the dji headset. I’m looking to fly hd version and wondering what needs to happen to get in the air with this configuration. Would getting the dji tx save me me enough trouble to justify the cost?

I wonder how the original problem is panning out.
I’m in this exact same position right now. I know you posted a while ago but did you end up getting the nazgul?

If so, how did it go?

Hey so I am looking into buying the Taranis qx7 to bind with my Nazgul Evoque F5, and I will get it with an r-xsr reciever, on amazon you can buy the qx7 with ACCESS, and after reading you reply to another user, I was confused as you said those recivers only run ACCESS but that it won't work with my radio if the radio is running ACCESS. Please help to clarify becuase I am very lost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax