Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FrSky Taranis Q X7 and RushTank Mini Combo - FPV + Flight Controller - Cannot Bind

whyzerman

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Although quite knowledgeable about commercial drones, quite a newbie regarding custom made racers and Open TX. I have a problem binding this configuration in the title. The info is scarce and the general idea is to put Taranis in bind mode, while holding the FC button and simultaneously plugging in the battery. In most cases successful binding should turn the red light into green. What I see is the still red light on one occassion or addiitonally blinking blue light on some occassions. In no case is the drone reacting to Tx commands. Drone responds fully in Betaflight configurator (motors and gyro). Any pointing in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mitja

Hi Wayno52, thank you very much for the reply. Yep, I have expressed myself awkwardly - calling flight controller Rx. With commercial drones I am used to all being soldered on single motherboard.

Anyway, while trying to explain this to you - I found the reason for the issue. If you quickly check this:

you will see the reason for my (and your) confusion - I was trying to indeed like you said to bind Taranis to FC and not Rx !!! Since this is quad of a friend I was not paying attention that much, but this stack actually comes without Rx (showed on pic as Crossfire Nano), which I assume is normal to be bought additionally. So I believe this is solved. Thanks again for a kind response.

Mitja

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax