Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FrSky Taranis X-Lite (S/Pro) not binding with Nazgul5 v2 Drone

SonicEcho05

Reaction score
Recently a friend bought both the FrSky remote and Nazgul5 drone with it. We have gotten everything set up and have attempted binding the remote with the drone, but it will not bind.
We have checked through several videos, and many (likely all) have stated to use the “D16” mode. Sadly, we only have “ACCESS” and “ACCST D16” mode.
We attempted both modes, especially “ACCST D16” and followed the binding instructions.

If anyone has any solutions to this we would be grateful!

The 3rd picture has me pointing of what I assume to be the f/s button

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Update receiver and transmitter firmware.

It will only bind if both have the same firmware version. (latest is ACCST D16 v2.1.0).
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell what firmware version you have with FrSky stuff, so just update.

Update receiver and transmitter firmware.

It will only bind if both have the same firmware version. (latest is ACCST D16 v2.1.0).
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell what firmware version you have with FrSky stuff, so just update.
I have attempted that, but I still cannot register and/or bind. It may just be the drone’s transmitter

Alright, I will add to this with another issue that’s similar. Sorry in advance for thread jacking. I am trying to bind a taranis QX7 with a Nazgul 5 HD. I think I’ve updated the taranis, but have no idea how to update the r xsr in the Nazgul. Newb, please help.

I have attempted that, but I still cannot register and/or bind. It may just be the drone’s transmitter
What receiver are you working with? Where did you purchase that Nazgul5? I dont see a receiver where there is one in my Nazgul5 so I'm curious about your particular model.
Alright, I will add to this with another issue that’s similar. Sorry in advance for thread jacking. I am trying to bind a taranis QX7 with a Nazgul 5 HD. I think I’ve updated the taranis, but have no idea how to update the r xsr in the Nazgul. Newb, please help.
See this page. Flash Frsky Receiver Firmware: R9 Mini, R-XSR, XSR, X4R, XM+, D4R - Oscar Liang
Your receiver should've come with a wire that one end plugs into your receiver and the other end looks like a servo connector that plugs into your radio.
1616762774892.png

What receiver are you working with? Where did you purchase that Nazgul5? I dont see a receiver where there is one in my Nazgul5 so I'm curious about your particular model.

See this page. Flash Frsky Receiver Firmware: R9 Mini, R-XSR, XSR, X4R, XM+, D4R - Oscar Liang
Your receiver should've come with a wire that one end plugs into your receiver and the other end looks like a servo connector that plugs into your radio.
View attachment 5084
So for the details, the Nazgul5 was purchased at “Friendly Hobbies” at Las Vegas. This specific Nazgul5 we have has an IFLIGHT SUCCEX-E F4 V2.1 stack (image attached). According to the retailers my friend bought it from: the FrSky Taranis X-Lite S is supposed to be compatible with the Nazgul5. Unfortunately, they are “too busy” to assist us on any roadblocks we encounter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Recently a friend bought both the FrSky remote and Nazgul5 drone with it. We have gotten everything set up and have attempted binding the remote with the drone, but it will not bind.
We have checked through several videos, and many (likely all) have stated to use the “D16” mode. Sadly, we only have “ACCESS” and “ACCST D16” mode.
We attempted both modes, especially “ACCST D16” and followed the binding instructions.

If anyone has any solutions to this we would be grateful!

The 3rd picture has me pointing of what I assume to be the f/s button
in the third picture it looks like the green LED is on which would indicate that the receiver is bound but I can't see a receiver so it might just be the vtx. The button your pointing to with and allen key(DON'T USE ANYTHING METAL, IF YOU TOIUCH SOMETHING YOU CAN SHORT OUT AND RUIN THE FLIGHT CONTROLLER, don't ask me how I l know this) looks like the Boot button on the flight controller.
I've attached two pictures. One is a reciever so you can see what one looks like. The other is a shot of a reciever mounted in a NazguV1. You can see the circuit board slipped in the grey TPU printed part. My reciever is wrapped in yellow non conductive tape

Attachments

• KIMG1695.JPG
    KIMG1695.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG1694.JPG
    KIMG1694.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I assume on the bottom right of the picture (first image attached) to be the actual button.

On the other side is the version “RXS V2.3.2”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
in the third picture it looks like the green LED is on which would indicate that the receiver is bound but I can't see a receiver so it might just be the vtx. The button your pointing to with and allen key(DON'T USE ANYTHING METAL, IF YOU TOIUCH SOMETHING YOU CAN SHORT OUT AND RUIN THE FLIGHT CONTROLLER, don't ask me how I l know this) looks like the Boot button on the flight controller.
I've attached two pictures. One is a reciever so you can see what one looks like. The other is a shot of a reciever mounted in a NazguV1. You can see the circuit board slipped in the grey TPU printed part. My reciever is wrapped in yellow non conductive tape
Okay awesome I have a general grasp of how it looks now

I can see yours in the florescent green TPU printed part in the back of your quad in the picture in your third post.
It looks like you'll need to slide it forward a little to find the bind button.
I've attached another pic pointing at one with a toothpick so you can see what you're looking for

Attachments

• KIMG1697.JPG
    KIMG1697.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I'm not sure if you have an XM+ or R-SXR but one of these vids should help
Post back and let us know if it works

I'm not sure if you have an XM+ or R-SXR but one of these vids should help
Post back and let us know if it works

Still not binding. I made sure to switch between LBT and FCC to make sure the firmwares match. Also, both firmwares are fully updated. The binding was still unsuccessful after many attempts. Since the newest firmware only had ACCST D16 instead of just D16, that was my only option.

Still not binding. I made sure to switch between LBT and FCC to make sure the firmwares match. Also, both firmwares are fully updated. The binding was still unsuccessful after many attempts. Since the newest firmware only had ACCST D16 instead of just D16, that was my only option.
Are you sure you updated the X-Lite's Internal XJT board? Or did you just update the OpenTX?

Reactions: Kilrah
I’m sure I did. Unless I miss something, please do tell me.
Ok, it looks like the new OpenTX FINALLY gives a way to see what rev is on the Internal XJT module, it still seems like the RX and TX are on different incompatible revs but I could be wrong.

Flash the receiver with R-XSR ACCST 2.1.0 FCC firmware.

Ok, it looks like the new OpenTX FINALLY gives a way to see what rev is on the Internal XJT module
Rather FrSky finally added a way to query it, it's a feature of ACCESS modules/receivers since they were launched.

Flash the receiver with R-XSR ACCST 2.1.0 FCC firmware.

Rather FrSky finally added a way to query it, it's a feature of ACCESS modules/receivers since they were launched.
Did they also add a way to query the RX? Is there now a way to see that they are compatible? Does it support showing if the ACCESS module is flashed with 1.X? Or just 2.X revs? Has OpenTX integrated yet with TBS and Jumper/RadioMaster yet?

It does display the RX version as long as that RX is ACCESS, both on v1 and v2.
But it's still a bit of a catch-22 since most times you need to know the version is to troubleshoot binding etc, and you can only see the version if everything is bound and working correctly...

Has OpenTX integrated yet with TBS and Jumper/RadioMaster yet?
Don't understand the question? CRSF has been supported for years...

Don't understand the question? CRSF has been supported for years...
I was thinking of the OpenTX part, not Crossfire support, I was just curious if the sub-forks of the OpenTX code had been integrated with the OpenTX main fork code yet, but it was just out of curiosity since I have an older ACCST radio running a Crossfire MicroTX and do not plan to change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya