Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FrSky x9 lite with D16 and ACCESS receivers

Sn0wmonkey

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the hobby apologies for lack of technical/specific details.

I own a Frsky x9 Lite, I built a drone following a tutorial on youtube (UAV futures
- Ultralight rocket build) Got it all working great.

However, I was nervous about flying this as my first racing drone (I've flown lots of toy drones, I have a Mavic Pro and used the DRL sim to get started)

I decided to buy a whoop, which I got for Christmas (Tiny Hawk S), discovered it wouldn't work with my X9 lite unless I updated the firmware to add D16 support, followed the firmware upgrade guides and got the X9 working with the tiny hawk. When I did this my X9 stopped working with my 5-inch quad which has a FRsky MX receiver using access (EU LBT) I believe this happened as I upgraded ISRM module firmware version to 1.1.3. When I try to bind my MX receiver I now get solid green and red light telling me the firmware is not compatible. The FrSky website states that the firmware on my MX is
"Compatible with the ACCESS radio if its ISRM module in support of firmware version 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.
Otherwise, please use the ACCST firmware and bind your radio in D16 mode."

So I think the next step is to flash the firmware on the MX receiver to Accst D16 which my X9 lite now supports after the firmware upgrade.

Here's where I need help.

During the upgrade process, I saw a few comments on how D16 on the X9 lote is limited and will affect performance, especially when coming to the range. Is this also going to affect my 5 inch if I update the MX firmware?

If I'm looking for the best solution should I just buy an external module for my X9 lite that supports D8 and/or D16 and revert my firmware on my ISRM back to 1.1.1?

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware of the ISRM just by downloading it via an SD card and applying it?

Will I need to downgrade the general firmware of the X9 lite to make sure it's compatible with the lower ISRM version?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I don't think you have any worries, it is just Frsky trying to fool you into NOT staying on ACCST protocol. I run old ACCST gear and my range is very good, and I have heard nothing about any range issue associated with the new 2019 Lite series radios. I would at least flash the XM rx and give it a try. I will never go to ACCESS, Frsky is playing the wrong hand in this game, most of the existing hobbyists will likely never move to the new Frsky TX's, they will/are buying and supporting Jumper and the T16.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax