Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Getting close to the perfect Toothpick... Receiver problems

rtkDarling

Reaction score
IMG_20200819_094946_2.jpg

My three inch has been my go-to daily because I can fly it anywhere, and I've had an overwhelming positive response everywhere I've brought it out. Nothing negative, not a single complaint. I was rousted from an office park by a security guard, only to have him show me a BETTER little spot right next door and watching me fly two packs :) Problem is the SPI receiver is garbage, and the diamond VTX isn't awesome either.

TP3 has entered the chat.

I built an upgrade from the ground up. FPVCycle TP3, Pyro 12 amp AIO (f4 / BlHeli S) RCN power 1204 5000kv, TBS unify nano pro32 and crossfire nano, Caddx Starfire nano, Lumineer Axi 2.

I'm easily getting twice the range, problem is my RSSI tops out at 34. I've got it down to 32 before my video gets sketch (and that is pretty far away for this little guy) but I'm curious what's causing the problem and whether or not I should be worried, or just know that 34% is plenty on crossfire. The antenna it came with wasn't an immortal T, it was a T shape, but thin floppy wire. I cut a zip tie short and heatshrunk the wire to it, but it does have a small amount of bow because of how its zip tied to the frame. Also the antenna gets sandwitched between the frame and the battery. I've tested it without the battery on the bottom and got the same result. I've straightened with the antenna while it's plugged in and don't seem to get any difference. Crossfire firmware is up to date.

Last edited:
There are some important considerations to get valid readings.
What BF rev?
What channel do you have set for this in the XF RX?
What do you have that channel set for LQ, RSSI/LQ?
How is BF channel set for RSSI in the RX tab?

Reactions: rtkDarling
BF 4.2.2
What channel do you have set for this in the XF RX?
What do you have that channel set for LQ, RSSI/LQ?
How is BF channel set for RSSI in the RX tab?

The rest of this I'm not sure about. I know how to access the RX via LUA, but there's a channel map and an output map and I don't know what's going on. I normally use Oscar Liang for these questions but I can't find the guide for it.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Not sure how I missed this, but I read through it again and replaced my RSSI signal with LQ. Since I'm running on the newest BF this was actually pretty easy as long as you have telemetry set up on your crossfire. LQ is working great, even though RSSI sticks around 34. Thanks for your help @HighTechPauper , it was great talking to you yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax