Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Gimbal error

Sayenah

Reaction score
My gimbal auto-check failed. Restarting the drone, goggles, controller didn’t work. Gently nudging the gimbal seemed to work, but then “calibration required” popped up.

Calibration would get stuck on 10%, so I gently nudged the gimbal and it started progressing, and would then get stuck at 60%. Happened numerous times.

So, I switched everything off and tried moving the gimbal with hand. The movement seemed fine.

Turned everything on again and the auto-check passed. Calibration also progressed smoothly... perhaps moving through hand cleared some obstruction?

I also keep on getting “gimbal endpoint axis reached” message at every sharp turn I take. Annoying, since I am not eve touching the gimbal dial.

Anyway, is this an issue anyone encountered or is this a mechanical defect? The drone is still in return period.

Hi, I am getting the same warning message with sudden stops, it seems to only happen when the gimbal angle is below zero degrees.

Not sure if this is “normal”.

Give different angles a try.

Hi, I am getting the same warning message with sudden stops, it seems to only happen when the gimbal angle is below zero degrees.

Not sure if this is “normal”.

Give different angles a try.
Thanks for the response. In my case it seems to be a gimbal issue as every once in a while it pops up a “gimbal overloaded” error as well, while resting on the ground with no wind.

mine is getting returned. Bought a replacement.

Thanks for the response. In my case it seems to be a gimbal issue as every once in a while it pops up a “gimbal overloaded” error as well, while resting on the ground with no wind.

mine is getting returned. Bought a replacement.
Too bad!

I’ll keep mine under close observation.

Good luck!

Too bad!

I’ll keep mine under close observation.

Good luck!
Move it around a bit; fly it and do some hard banks. If you start seeing gimbal overloaded error, then something is up.

mine won’t even calibrate on its own.

cheers and good luck to you too!

Move it around a bit; fly it and do some hard banks. If you start seeing gimbal overloaded error, then something is up.

mine won’t even calibrate on its own.

cheers and good luck to you too!
Hi again,

Just confirmed that the issue is common when using the nd filters in S mode.

Others have had the same issue in other forums.

The gimbal calibrates aworks fine in S mode when not using the filters.

N and Manual mode are not affected form some reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya