Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Goggles v2 won't link with Vista Nebula Nano (in iFlight Alpha A85 tiny whoop)

rktman

Reaction score
Hello! Just got the DJI FPV system, loads of fun. Thought that since I had the goggles and controller already from the combo, I'd give the iFlight A85 a try since the cost is just the drone.

I've updated all the firmware in the combo to the latest 01.01.00.00 (drone, goggles, controller). I activated the Vista system through "DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series)", and update to the latest firmware 01,00,0600.

I try linking the goggles to the A85 -- press the red link button on the goggles, they start to beep continuously. Wait for the Vista status light to turn green, press the link button, the status light turns red. Should link in a few seconds.

Never links, goggles just keep beeping forever. Exchanged the A85 for another, no difference.

What am I missing?

Did you flip the goggles to Air System mode (bottom of About page)?

Did you flip the goggles to Air System mode (bottom of About page)?
No, which sounds like the problem. I ran across references to this, but try googling it... I haven't found the right combination phrase including "goggles v2" and "Air mode" that gives anything useful.

I'm guessing you mean, "bottom of About page" in the goggles menu. Off to give it a try... and TIA!

Yup, that was it! Got a link, and see the camera from the goggles. THANKS A TON, KILRAH!

Now, of course, I still can't fly it, lacking any way to control it. Anyone have any news at all about support for Vista the controller v2? From what I've read, my only options to get this little whoop in the air is to buy a controller v1, or an analog controller bound to the VTX channel.

I'm gonna wait a little bit and see if anything pops up about future firmware that will make the v2 work with Vista. I can get my dose of FPV fun with the DJI FPV for now, but I'm not going to last long before I pull the trigger and get a v1 controller.

Someone please tell me some hopeful (real) news!!

I use a standard RC radio and a Crossfire TX/RX, but if you're not equipped and don't have non-digital craft I guess the V1 DJI controller might be a better deal.
Yeah, really hope they support the v2 controller at some point.

Yup, that was it! Got a link, and see the camera from the goggles. THANKS A TON, KILRAH!

Now, of course, I still can't fly it, lacking any way to control it. Anyone have any news at all about support for Vista the controller v2? From what I've read, my only options to get this little whoop in the air is to buy a controller v1, or an analog controller bound to the VTX channel.

I'm gonna wait a little bit and see if anything pops up about future firmware that will make the v2 work with Vista. I can get my dose of FPV fun with the DJI FPV for now, but I'm not going to last long before I pull the trigger and get a v1 controller.

Someone please tell me some hopeful (real) news!!
Don't buy the DJI controller v1. information I have is that it is being retired, which probably means a firmware update for the v2 controller or another controller will be released soon. Also it only works with air units or caddx vists which means you can't use it with any other analog drones or any drone without the AU.

Hello! Just got the DJI FPV system, loads of fun. Thought that since I had the goggles and controller already from the combo, I'd give the iFlight A85 a try since the cost is just the drone.

I've updated all the firmware in the combo to the latest 01.01.00.00 (drone, goggles, controller). I activated the Vista system through "DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series)", and update to the latest firmware 01,00,0600.

I try linking the goggles to the A85 -- press the red link button on the goggles, they start to beep continuously. Wait for the Vista status light to turn green, press the link button, the status light turns red. Should link in a few seconds.

Never links, goggles just keep beeping forever. Exchanged the A85 for another, no difference.

What am I missing?
Hi RKTMAN,

The iFlight A85 is a pretty good drone, but it has a couple serious deficiencies, you should address before flying it otherwise you will likely incur unnecessary damage. The The motor wires run way too close to the props so add some fabric tape right along the frame and also add a zip tie to the antenna. It can get torn off the caddx unit in a crash and many people including myself had the UFL connector torn completely off the caddx. It is not a fun repair job!!!

Alpha A85 issues.jpg

Reactions: rktman
Hey all,

I have this same issue with binding, but I've already put the DJI goggles in Air System mode, but still the same eternal beeping. Small backstory, this Alpha A85 was already bound and working great, crash took out the FC stack, so replaced. All working well and configured in betaflight. Ready to Fly, but will NOT bind to the goggles. Tried everything, anyone have any other tips? Appreciate it!

If it was binding fine before but no more I'd think the air unit got damaged in the crash too...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz