Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

GoPro FPV problem

Ctopkelly

Reaction score
Hello all

So here is the deal. Here is my equipment list:
1. GoPro Hero 3+
2. FPV 5.8G 200mW AV Wireless Transmitter TS351
3. 3s 11.1v 800mAh Battery
4. EMAX Transporter FPV Boxed Goggles 5.8G
5. Apex RC product 5.8ghz Transmitter Video output cable for GoPro Hero3

Here is the Problem:
So connect everything together and power up both the GoPro and Transmitter. Run the Auto function on the goggles and get fuzz on all setting but one which is just a blank screen. If i pull the battery from the transmitter the blank screen goes fuzzy so I think i am on the right channel. I am wondering if there is a setting i am missing.

I am switching from a setup using a onboard camera and a different transmitter and the goggles work just fine. I am at a loss. I have watched a few videos and it seems straight forward the hook everything up and power it up and bam its running.

Please help me find a clue.....

Thanks

Black screen means right channel (or a close channel to the right channel), no OSD (if the FC has one) and no picture means something is wrong with camera or FC (if the video goes through the FC to pick up the OSD). If the video goes through FC then the best troubleshooting step is to wire the cam video out directly to the vTX video input. If picture then it is a bad FC or wiring, if not then it could be the cam and the FC or wiring.

Black screen means right channel (or a close channel to the right channel), no OSD (if the FC has one) and no picture means something is wrong with camera or FC (if the video goes through the FC to pick up the OSD). If the video goes through FC then the best troubleshooting step is to wire the cam video out directly to the vTX video input. If picture then it is a bad FC or wiring, if not then it could be the cam and the FC or wiring.
So i can hook up my old cam and everything works just fine with the same equipment. I have been doing a ton of reading on this and i am thinking that it has to do with the update on the GoPro that disabled the Video out.

i am still doing research on this but i think it may be a loss for this hero3+. I am also up for any alternative you may have to do FPV and Record the flight.

I misunderstood your post, I didn't read through it carefully and totally missed that you were using the GP for FPV and recording. Back in the day some people tried to do what your doing, but the latency was way too high and they were unable to fly effectively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax