Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

GPS issue on HGLRC Sector V3

bzmot

Reaction score
Hey guys,
1. I’m new to all this so thanks for bearing with me. I just got my first 5 inch quad (yay!) and it has a GPS module. It’s a HGLRC sector V3 and the GPS is the M80 chip also supplied by HGLRC. I think I got everything set up right in Betaflight and it does show me me accurate position but the GPS fix cycles every few seconds between true and false, in other words every 2-3 seconds I have micro drops of the gps fix. How to fix that - no pun intended - and should this worry me if I decide to fly as is? I’ve never used GPS rescue on FPV but because I’m learning to do long range it’s something that may be valuable to me in the future. Any ideas?
The betaflight screen looks like this.
I know I don’t have any satellite bars but I was indoors when recording this. Outside it’s exactly the same but with the yellow sat bars.
2.My second question will be easier I’m sure: the quad also has a barometer so it can show altitude this way. Should I use baro altitude or GPS altitude? Or when I turn the baro on it will somehow make GPS altitude more precise?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax