Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Greetings from Liverpool, NY.

NG Wildman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have been a member of the Mavic Pilots forum for a while. I ordered the DJI FPV March 2nd and it arrived on March 5th.
This is my first FPV and I plan on using it to segue into full FPV. I am impressed with the goggles, but I haven't been able to activate the system yet.
When I plug into the DJI fly app, it doesn't recognize any of the equipment. I haven't had much time to look at it, but I am sure I will figure it out soon.
It's still cold and snowy here so I have been flying my other drones and diving the ROV. I am looking forward to learning and contributing here.

Welcome to the forum.?

Reactions: A.O. and NG Wildman
Hello everyone,
I have been a member of the Mavic Pilots forum for a while. I ordered the DJI FPV March 2nd and it arrived on March 5th.
This is my first FPV and I plan on using it to segue into full FPV. I am impressed with the goggles, but I haven't been able to activate the system yet.
When I plug into the DJI fly app, it doesn't recognize any of the equipment. I haven't had much time to look at it, but I am sure I will figure it out soon.
It's still cold and snowy here so I have been flying my other drones and diving the ROV. I am looking forward to learning and contributing here.
Welcome @NG Wildman !!

If you want to use the DJI Fly app, you need to use the included USB-C to USB-A dongle and then connect your mobile device running the app to the goggles. The goggles need to be paired to the drone and radio for this to work. The goggles act as a hub for the app to see all the devices.

The alternative is to use the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV version) application to activate the components of the kit.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Welcome @NG Wildman !!

If you want to use the DJI Fly app, you need to use the included USB-C to USB-A dongle and then connect your mobile device running the app to the goggles. The goggles need to be paired to the drone and radio for this to work. The goggles act as a hub for the app to see all the devices.

The alternative is to use the DJI Assistant 2 (FPV version) application to activate the components of the kit.
Thanks. I tried the goggles to phone (Samsung 9+) in the DJI fly App. I can see through the goggles and move the gimble up and down, but it says they need to be activated. I am not seeing them come up anywhere on the screen. I know this is something stupid I am missing. I gonna attempt it again at work tonight when I go to lunch.

If you have a computer, just activate through the DJI assistant 2 (FPV edition). You'll want to upgrade your firmware while you're at it.

If you want to use the DJI Fly app, just make sure all three devices are bound first.

Last edited:
The new DJI Fly App was downloading and it said installing, but it was not.
Once I got the proper the download and install complete; everything went fine.
It's 0600hrs local...just finished a 14hr shift...can't wait to fly after some sleep.
Thanks for all the help.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: NG Wildman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas