Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Happy Model Mobula 6 and Eachine Goggles Two... image not stable

Frisbee

Reaction score
Cheers all, I recently bought the Happy Model Mobula 6 tiny whoop to go with my Eachine Goggles Two, both from Banggood. But when I turn on the Mobula 6 and the Goggles Two, I can only get intermittent brief images from the camera followed by the image flipping upwards, followed by noise, and another brief image from the camera. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be going wrong and how to correct this?

Cheers all, I recently bought the Happy Model Mobula 6 tiny whoop to go with my Eachine Goggles Two, both from Banggood. But when I turn on the Mobula 6 and the Goggles Two, I can only get intermittent brief images from the camera followed by the image flipping upwards, followed by noise, and another brief image from the camera. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be going wrong and how to correct this?
Pretty sure that the Mobula 6 only has a 25mW vtx so tuning into the right channel on the goggles is important. If you are using auto scan on the goggles, try manually changing channels until you find the best image. Obviously make sure that your goggle antennas are secured nicely, I had a pair of Eachine box goggles that never worked out of the box until I replaced the antennas and old cheap ones went straight into the bin.

Thanks all. Given the current circumstances, I'm house-bound and hoping to work on my quads. After a bit of testing I've found...

The Eachine goggles are functioning properly (as tested using the camera on my Wizard X220).

I manually tested every possible channel, and the "best" video was only possible with the following channels:

The image is clear, but the video is not stable:

Thanks all. Given the current circumstances, I'm house-bound and hoping to work on my quads. After a bit of testing I've found...

The Eachine goggles are functioning properly (as tested using the camera on my Wizard X220).

I manually tested every possible channel, and the "best" video was only possible with the following channels:

The image is clear, but the video is not stable:
Well since you’ve ruled out the goggles and you have a picture of sorts you can either send the quad back for exchange or remove the canopy and check the antenna connection to the vtx. Pretty sure it will be a uFl connection to the board that may not be seated correctly or the antenna wire is possibly pinched. I had a similar issue with my mobula 7HD where the picture would break up for no reason and it was due to the uFl connection not being seated exactly square with the vtx connector. Once that was sorted, I used a dab of liquid electrical tape to keep it there.
Maybe remove the canopy and check the image with your goggles whilst tapping the vtx board to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the recommendation. I removed the canopy and gently tapped around the connections and I didn't see any difference with the unstable screen-flipping. Banggood said they would refund, but China is not accepting batteries for (shipping or receiving), so I was told to ship without batteries and they will give me a partial refund. I might re-order, since I'd like an FPV whoop for indoor flying.

On a related note, I haven't been able to buy Lipo batteries from Banggood due to shipping restrictions in China. I was able to buy some from AliExpress, although I'll have to see if I can actually receive them. I'll post an update in case others need to buy batteries as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: tevek
Thanks for the recommendation. I removed the canopy and gently tapped around the connections and I didn't see any difference with the unstable screen-flipping. Banggood said they would refund, but China is not accepting batteries for (shipping or receiving), so I was told to ship without batteries and they will give me a partial refund. I might re-order, since I'd like an FPV whoop for indoor flying.

On a related note, I haven't been able to buy Lipo batteries from Banggood due to shipping restrictions in China. I was able to buy some from AliExpress, although I'll have to see if I can actually receive them. I'll post an update in case others need to buy batteries as well.
Given the current Covid19 climate, getting anything from overseas is a challenge. Batteries generally won’t be accepted due to the risk of explosion etc in plane cargo holds. If you are able to buy locally avoid banggood, I would try that, grab whatever refund you can get and go elsewhere. There are a number of whoops that are probably better than anything from happymodel and generally banggood and warranty returns are less of a hassle.

Doh! While learning about NTSC vs Pal, I just found the problem! Eachine Goggles had to be set to NTSC! I did it and it worked...

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax