Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help connecting android tablet to goggles

MaxximuS

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I need help connecting an android tablet for an audience. I have tried dji fly and digiview app. Also in settings on my goggles it says broadcast off but won't let me click on it. Any suggestions?

Dji drone or air unit?

DjiFly is for Dji drone , run then just connect to aircraft.
digiview for air unit - follow instructions on website.

Neither needs you to broadcast from goggles ( that’s for other goggles) - the apps simply tell the goggles to send data over usb.

I have the dji fpv drone. I am connecting tablet over usb from goggles. I can't seem to view what the goggles are seeing.

Just connect, run dji fly and it should work. Could be wrong cable.

DJI has many devices that you would think would work but aren't supported. I have a newer Samsung Note10, an older iPad, a Note8, and a Note 4 (the last 2 are both) on their "should be compatible" list, but won't work with DJI Fly to recognize from the FPV setup. Works for my friends other non-fpv DJI drones, but not the FPV. Literally had to go to a pawn shop and test/buy a crappy beat up but compatible iPad tablet to make this work. DJI's team that works on getting their software to work on multiple devices could use a few more people on the payroll I think.

DJI has many devices that you would think would work but aren't supported. I have a newer Samsung Note10, an older iPad, a Note8, and a Note 4 (the last 2 are both) on their "should be compatible" list, but won't work with DJI Fly to recognize from the FPV setup. Works for my friends other non-fpv DJI drones, but not the FPV. Literally had to go to a pawn shop and test/buy a crappy beat up but compatible iPad tablet to make this work. DJI's team that works on getting their software to work on multiple devices could use a few more people on the payroll I think.
APKPure is your friend (apkpure.com). You can get any version of Android app there.

That's how I use my Zfold2 -- it's not supported, so you get an older version of Fly from the Play Store. You can get the latest version from APKPure with support for the FPV and install it yourself.

Rarely does an app in this situation, from a large company, fail to work in this situation. It's almost always simply a matter of testing resources, and your phone hasn't been tested yet.

Weird, it worked this time. Maybe it was the order I powered it up or connected the tablet? That was so frustrating last night lol. Thanks for the help guys!

Did you download the APK for the DJI Fly app from DJI's website or from the Google Play Store. I have read that some people are having problems with the app store version. I downloaded the APK file from DJI and it does what it is supposed to do. If you down loaded yours from the Google Play Store That might be your problem.

It's not a supported model problem, it's DJI stopped updating the Fly app on the Play store for quite a while and then completely removed it, have to get the apk from their site. They have incorporated things in the app that are disallowed on the Play Store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax