Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

HELP! I AM NEW!! JUST BOUGHT 2019 DIATONE 349R HD!

racer014

Reaction score
I have never bought a drone before much less ever flown a drone. I just bought a 2019 Diatone GT 349R HD. I also bought couple batteries, charger (i think), remote, and cheap monitor to get started. Here are the links for what I have so far:

Drone: Diatone 2019 GT R349 HD MK2 TBS Edition 135mm 3 Inch 4S FPV Racing RC Drone PNP F4 25A CADDX Turtle V2 UNIFY 800mW VTX RC Drones from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

Batteries: Gens Tattu 11.1V 850mAh 45C 3S1P Lipo Battery With XT60 Plug For RC FPV RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

Charger: US Warehouse | ToolkitRC M8 DC 300W 15A Battery Balance Charger Discharger for 2-8S Lipo Batter

Remote: US Warehouse | Flysky FS-i6X 2.4GHz 10CH AFHDS 2A RC Transmitter With X6B i-BUS Receiver

Monitor: US Warehouse | 5.8G 48CH 4.3 Inch LCD 480x22 16:9 NTSC/PAL FPV Monitor Auto Search With OSD Bui

Any help would be much appreciated, I have absolutely no idea what the hell I am doing. I am located in Denver, CO. The set up was expensive but honestly I'm not even sure if any of it is even compatible! Do I need anything else to fly? Do I need to download any software from betaflight? Any suggestions appreciated!

Last edited:
You're pretty close, that's a bummer of a radio though, you might upgrade that if you enjoy flying. You'll probably want / need goggles too, but those field monitors are always useful.

You will need to do some setup in betaflight, and you'll need to put one of those radio receivers in that quad (the smallest one), so you'll need a soldering iron.

I think those batteries won't fit, they're xt60 connectors and you need the smaller xt30 style. Otherwise you're good. That Diatone is a nice drone

You're pretty close, that's a bummer of a radio though, you might upgrade that if you enjoy flying. You'll probably want / need goggles too, but those field monitors are always useful.

You will need to do some setup in betaflight, and you'll need to put one of those radio receivers in that quad (the smallest one), so you'll need a soldering iron.

I think those batteries won't fit, they're xt60 connectors and you need the smaller xt30 style. Otherwise you're good. That Diatone is a nice drone

Okay thank you for the response, being new to this I am not sure what is compatible or reputable brands. Do you have any recommendations on the radio or batteries? (links or suggestions) Anything helps.

If you've already bought that radio it will work. That exact same battery would work as well, you just need the xt30 version.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Not sure if these may help if you’re committed to those batteries:
As for the Tx choice and battery C rating, @Wayno52 is on point. Maybe upgrade a little later to a better controller as with the Diatone beast, you’ll want to set up more options beyond the limit of the Flysky (maybe look at a Taranis QX7).
And then there is the little discussion about goggles....
Enjoy!

I have not chimed in yet, but I will now.
IF YOU CAN, return the Flysky and get a Frsky QX7, you won't regret it.
The batteries are not ideal as you would like a high C rating and XT30, but the 850mah is a good size for the R349.
You will definitely want goggles, a display it not immersive enough and will make it difficult to fly with it.

I have never bought a drone before much less ever flown a drone. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< im looking at the elephant on the room here .. he do not know how to fly yet and gets a 100mph drone !!!! can't wait for video

• Haha
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I have never bought a drone before much less ever flown a drone. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< im looking at the elephant on the room here .. he do not know how to fly yet and gets a 100mph drone !!!! can't wait for video
Yes, this could be quite an adventure for him, but he is 25 so maybe he is a huge gamer and already has some skills, we shall see.

Reactions: irish-apple
He currently has the Flysky with the X6B according to the original post, so he should be ok I think.

I knew that. I was just testing the group for their response time.

You came in first and are to be commended.

(oops......next time I will read the WHOLE post before I chime in, sorry.)

I am glad that he is getting the receiver, and, I do share some of the concerns of the group regarding this as a first purchase. However, I've started the following hobbies with ill advised first purchases and have still continued with the hobbies after the years go by:
  • Mid life drumming (a sub $200 electric drum set is not an ideal purchase)
  • Mid life telescope astronomy (my 5" Mak on a GEM is a great scope, just not a great FIRST scope)
  • Mid life pellet target shooting (Walmart does not carry super accurate 10m pellet rifles)
  • Mid life target archery (The compound hunting bow from Craigslist was a good deal and I'm ready for the Zombie Apocalypse, but, it's a little overpowered for my basement range)
  • Mid life camera drone flight (Just because the website SAYS it has the same stats as a Mavic Pro at a third of the cost doesn't mean it REALLY has the same stats as a Mavic Pro at a third of the cost)
  • Mid life FPV drone flight (My Rodeo 110 certainly took a beating and came back for more until one motor or ESC gave out, but, the money would have been better spent on a Taranis and a 3" quad with a decent camera that handles WAY better)
I usually get it right around my third purchase, and, as we know flying FPV drones, the third purchase can be just two crashes away!

Peter T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas