Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with Floureon racer 250

TravyLeigh

Reaction score
Hey all, so I'm pretty new to FPV, but I am getting awesome at freakin soldering... LOL! But I'm getting pretty decent with flying, for having only flown like 3 times so far...

Anyway, I changed a bit on my drone. I changed out the stock VTX, because the range on it was just terrible. And I also changed the camera, which the new one is much clearer. The new VTX is this, a falco

Amazon.com: FalcoRC FOXEER FPV Transmitter Switcher 25mW 200mW 600mW 5.8G 40CH Switcher Adjustable VTX with Pigtail SMA Female for FPV Drone Multirotor: Toys & Games

Well, I've got a cloverleaf on it, and on my video receiver (just a monitor that came with the Floureon racer 250). My problem WAS that my range was terrible, like 100 yards was impossible to see at. So today I messed around with the channels, and found that C 3 was a pretty clear channel, very little static for some reason.... However, now it seems to be possibly interfering with my TX controller. Less than 200 yards and the controller cuts out. Says on the controller that there's a high error percentage even just after short distance.

I'm LOVING fpv though! Very very fun.

The VTX is 5.8ghz and the controller is 2.4.

What would you guys suggest for getting better range? Also, I want a FPV plane next, to be able to get at least 1 mile of range. Would that require a special frequency transmitter? Or can it be done on 5.8 (relatively affordably?)

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax