Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hobby-wing=Terrable customer service!

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
so hey guys I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm not being out of line. So my fiancé purchases an Arris x220 v2. Just came out and she knows I wanted it for my bday Rtf with radiolink at9s. Get the setup and start flying after three days of setup and channel assigning and figuring everything out. Come to realize that one of the body screws the head it is half and three other screws are stripped so I'm not gonna able to get inside of my quad to ever work out or to customize it. So I contact them about it and basically nothing they can do so I order three sets of every screw for the entire body and order the go pro mount as well by this time the battery that comes with it takes a crap they say they'll replace it they never do – as well my radio link AT9S won't sync with my computer or a hook up and work with my simulator or either of the dongle cables that I both purchase stuff at Amazon so now at this point I get a hold of them and tell them that I would like to send the quad and the controller back and upgrade to the professional version V2 quad and the QX7 controller. So they say they can after two weeks of hassling them. They say for an extra $120. That infuriorated me as for I had faulty stuff but I thought about it and it was a good deal so I agreed. Then when I sent the package back to china I only had one shipping option. Was never given another option. Of course no tracking or delivery confirmation and sets me back another $56I sent this out over a month ago and they now tell me if it's lost or stolen from mail they cannnot do anything for me so now I'm in $400 for a quad and controller. With twice shipping Quads still not there and they want $220 to get what I wanted in the first place. Yes it's cheaper than normal price but I'm already in for $400 and have nothing to show for it. Sucks too cuz now I have my goggles and no quad to test em I'm so mad and just wanted to share that hobby-wing is garbage for customer service. Pass it on friends.

Reactions: Trex
That absolutely sucks to be without a quad....and your experience doesn' make it any better......wont do you any good now but I highly suggest you stay within the states....assuming you live here....keep us posted.... and we all need to vent sometines...posting it is cathartic for online.

Yeah I feel ya! thanks man :). Yeah I am so frusterated. Part of me just wanted to give up but I'm very determined to do this freestyle thing and master it :) thanks for your input friend. Much appreciated. Yes venting is much needed especially when you get started with something and the learning curve is so hard

i simply don't look for a few dollars less or your gonna get crappy shipping and service. its simply is not worth that time. i just want to fly when the tine is right. 20$ for better..
I was t looking for cheaper. It's the only option I was given. If I woulda been told there were more options I would have done that :)

I was t looking for cheaper. It's the only option I was given. If I woulda been told there were more options I would have done that :)
One thing I like to do is google the parts and watch what comes up....then make an inform decision at that point.... you'l find there are more than a few shops that sell and are in the states.....most of these people who post on these forums are to help you not embarrass you or upset you.

Word. I did look them all up and they were quality parts. But not from the us. Didn't think of that. Thanks I'll use that in my next purchase :)

I definitely see your issue there.I have two of their quads and have had problems with the 250. they have a guy in jersey called drone academy that I sent it to and he fixed it and sent it back in a few weeks.no charge. I wonder why they didn't give you that option with the stripped screws ?

so hey guys I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm not being out of line. So my fiancé purchases an Arris x220 v2. Just came out and she knows I wanted it for my bday Rtf with radiolink at9s. Get the setup and start flying after three days of setup and channel assigning and figuring everything out. Come to realize that one of the body screws the head it is half and three other screws are stripped so I'm not gonna able to get inside of my quad to ever work out or to customize it. So I contact them about it and basically nothing they can do so I order three sets of every screw for the entire body and order the go pro mount as well by this time the battery that comes with it takes a crap they say they'll replace it they never do – as well my radio link AT9S won't sync with my computer or a hook up and work with my simulator or either of the dongle cables that I both purchase stuff at Amazon so now at this point I get a hold of them and tell them that I would like to send the quad and the controller back and upgrade to the professional version V2 quad and the QX7 controller. So they say they can after two weeks of hassling them. They say for an extra $120. That infuriorated me as for I had faulty stuff but I thought about it and it was a good deal so I agreed. Then when I sent the package back to china I only had one shipping option. Was never given another option. Of course no tracking or delivery confirmation and sets me back another $56I sent this out over a month ago and they now tell me if it's lost or stolen from mail they cannnot do anything for me so now I'm in $400 for a quad and controller. With twice shipping Quads still not there and they want $220 to get what I wanted in the first place. Yes it's cheaper than normal price but I'm already in for $400 and have nothing to show for it. Sucks too cuz now I have my goggles and no quad to test em I'm so mad and just wanted to share that hobby-wing is garbage for customer service. Pass it on friends.
Learn to use spell check, makes you sound bright when bitching

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Just trying to do my part . I'm sorry you are so sensitive about your poor grammar as I stated trying to do you a solid

Just trying to do my part . I'm sorry you are so sensitive about your poor grammar as I stated trying to do you a solid
You didn't end your sentence with a period.
Ouch!
Oh ....I know where there period is.
See, we can all have fun.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek