Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to fly like a PRO

koklimabc

Reaction score
I'm experienced difficult to fly in real life instead of gaming in simulation (There is no problem to fly in liftoff for me).

I'd no idea to fly in step forward by holding pitch after weared in FPV googles even without wearing fpv googles.

My quad just always hover to the left and ended up to fall in ground.

How i could possible to learn to fly from beginner to expert, any suggestion and idea?

My pid's settings :
Roll : 47 (P) 85 (I) 22 (D) 0 (Feedward)

Pitch : 52 (P) 90 (I) 25 (D) 0 (Feedward)

Yaw : 30 (P) 90 (I) 0 (D) 0 (Feedward)

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_191625.jpg
    IMG_20210404_191625.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 12
  • RateProfile.jpg
    RateProfile.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 9
  • PID.png
    PID.png
    378 KB · Views: 11
I'm experienced difficult to fly in real life instead of gaming in simulation (There is no problem to fly in liftoff for me).

I'd no idea to fly in step forward by holding pitch after weared in FPV googles even without wearing fpv googles.

My quad just always hover to the left and ended up to fall in ground.

How i could possible to learn to fly from beginner to expert, any suggestion and idea?

My pid's settings :
Roll : 47 (P) 85 (I) 22 (D) 0 (Feedward)

Pitch : 52 (P) 90 (I) 25 (D) 0 (Feedward)

Yaw : 30 (P) 90 (I) 0 (D) 0 (Feedward)
Flying using a sim and flying in the real world are two completely different things. As for your pids, if they are factory settings, leave them alone and just practice, practice, crash and practice some more. There is no easy way to get up to expert level without practice. It’s that simple.
I see you are using tbs crossfire, why do you have four antennas? That means you are using four uarts on your FC which I don’t think is possible. One antenna will work fine, especially using crossfire as range won’t be an issue when you are learning.
As for your drifting to the left problem, have a look at this link:

Flying using a sim and flying in the real world are two completely different things. As for your pids, if they are factory settings, leave them alone and just practice, practice, crash and practice some more. There is no easy way to get up to expert level without practice. It’s that simple.
I see you are using tbs crossfire, why do you have four antennas? That means you are using four uarts on your FC which I don’t think is possible. One antenna will work fine, especially using crossfire as range won’t be an issue when you are learning.
As for your drifting to the left problem, have a look at this link:
FYI. I'm using both same Frysky R9 slim plus OTA. One is Master and another is slave for SBUS

redundancy. It can be limited to 4 UART where I'd tested before, maybe I need to share one
UART with another liked Turtle mode with GPS rescue mode by reducing offset to keep other
under limited range for one AUX channel, it is possible to work?

I managed to understand I need to setup on "Angle" Mode on the first time before switch to

Horizon mode and then acro mode. This is my bad mistake.

FYI. I'm using both same Frysky R9 slim plus OTA. One is Master and another is slave for SBUS

redundancy. It can be limited to 4 UART where I'd tested before, maybe I need to share one
UART with another liked Turtle mode with GPS rescue mode by reducing offset to keep other
under limited range for one AUX channel, it is possible to work?

I managed to understand I need to setup on "Angle" Mode on the first time before switch to

Horizon mode and then acro mode. This is my bad mistake.
Ok my bad, only had a quick look at the photo and assumed crossfire. I’m not familiar with the R9 set up but I run a single nano receiver and can get literally miles distance with all of my quads. And I only need one uart. GPS rescue is set up using both a spare switch and also having it automatically kick in after you set up failsafe in Betaflight. As for turtle mode you can use another switch to activate that but I don’t use mine as I fried a couple of motors in long grass trying to flip one of my quads. I wouldn’t use the same switch (different positions of course) for both GPS rescue and turtle mode. That will end badly.
As for setting up your various modes, most of us use the same switch as it is simple and easy to set up in Betaflight.

Ok my bad, only had a quick look at the photo and assumed crossfire. I’m not familiar with the R9 set up but I run a single nano receiver and can get literally miles distance with all of my quads. And I only need one uart. GPS rescue is set up using both a spare switch and also having it automatically kick in after you set up failsafe in Betaflight. As for turtle mode you can use another switch to activate that but I don’t use mine as I fried a couple of motors in long grass trying to flip one of my quads. I wouldn’t use the same switch (different positions of course) for both GPS rescue and turtle mode. That will end badly.
As for setting up your various modes, most of us use the same switch as it is simple and easy to set up in Betaflight.
No, I means two swtich (one for GPS rescue and one for turtle mode) worked under the same AUX in betaflight. Is this worked?

I'd go far to test from just now.

It also very difficult to pitch to fly forward and always dift to the left.

I'm using Angle Mode + Air Mode (permanet enabled).

Pitch Forward not working in real flight, need more help, TQ.

No, I means two swtich (one for GPS rescue and one for turtle mode) worked under the same AUX in betaflight. Is this worked?
Not sure what you mean ‘under the same aux in Betaflight’. I would two separate switches on your transmitter and two separate aux switches in the Betaflight tab as you don’t want to accidentally engage gps rescue whilst trying to turtle mode.
As for the drifting in flight, have you adjusted your endpoints on your transmitter? Like this:
Are you sure your transmitter inputs are exactly the same as those in Betaflight? So when you use pitch forward on your transmitter, are you seeing pitch move in Betaflight? It is easy to set the wrong mapping in Betaflight, so instead of AETR you may have it set to TAER.

Not sure what you mean ‘under the same aux in Betaflight’. I would two separate switches on your transmitter and two separate aux switches in the Betaflight tab as you don’t want to accidentally engage gps rescue whilst trying to turtle mode.
As for the drifting in flight, have you adjusted your endpoints on your transmitter? Like this:
Are you sure your transmitter inputs are exactly the same as those in Betaflight? So when you use pitch forward on your transmitter, are you seeing pitch move in Betaflight? It is easy to set the wrong mapping in Betaflight, so instead of AETR you may have it set to TAER.
Yes, Tq for your guide. I'd finally found my receiver got supported with Channel 16 and I proceed to to rebind from Channel 9 to 16 through my Radio.

When I proceed to move my pitch stick and It will see the pitch moving around in my Betaflight, but there is problem when I move my pitch in real life drone flight, It seems to be really hard and I always ended up to be drift on other side.

That is why I'd trying to adjust my "Radio's Output" to have yaw, pitch, roll with middle's endpoint set to 1500 along -70 % and + 70 % (Suit to me as beginner to behave press commonly the stick but actually produce lower 70 % output than actual 100 %).

Besides that, I set my throttle starting from minimum 1000 endpoint (Betaflight) and Middle equals to 1500, but highest only 1971.

FYI, My betaflight must set with AETR1234 :).

BTW, Do you have any other way to prevent the quad from always sudden drifting down to other side as I already trimming under my Radio's output, of cause I'm also cabled tied my low ESR capacitor with battery strap and put my power wires cable tied together with body of frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax