Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to wires and bind redundancy (FPORT)

koklimabc

Reaction score
Hi, all. I'd both Frysky R9 slim plus OTA with the following build with FPORT connection (Inverted)

(Master)

smartport - TX1 (FC)
VCC - 5 volt (FC)
GND - GND (FC)
SBUS IN - SBUS OUT(SLAVE)

(SLAVE)
SBUS OUT - SBUS IN(Master)
VCC - 5 volt (FC)
GND - GND (FC)

Is this correct?
Master receiver is working fined, but it won't worked (motor won't spin) once I unplug master and leave the slave to take over the control.
I'm using Jumper T18 with previously defined bind under same receiver '00' for both.
Telemetry Ch 1 to 8 (ON) = Master
Telemetry Ch 1 to 8 (OFF) = SLAVE

How to fix it, TQ.

Your configuration is correct. I don't understand what you mean when you say "once I unplug master and leave the slave to take over". What are you unplugging?

R9.jpg
What do you mean by that?

FYI, I tried to verify the redundancy is working or not by unplug power & telemetry off from Master receiver at the same time leave the motor to spins. As the result, the motor won't spin and Slave receiver won't worked.

Attachments

• R9-modify.jpg
    R9-modify.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 3
The slave is set as S-Port and not F-Port, right?
I'm flash in FPORT firmware, slave never set in neither S-PORT or F-PORT, but it only has sbus out link to sbus in of Master.

Can you tell me more about how to configure Slave to be FPORT?

That's the point, AFAIK Slave must NOT be in F-Port.

Correct. Slave has no path to carry F.port data only SBUS.

FYI, I tried to verify the redundancy is working or not by unplug power & telemetry off from Master receiver at the same time leave the motor to spins. As the result, the motor won't spin and Slave receiver won't worked.
You need to setup like the diagram I provided. SBUS is the only path coming from the Slave through the Master.

The intent of the slave is to take over the receiver functions if the master loses signal. To test the slave, you would normally test it before you bind the Master whiles it sens its signal through the unbound Master. Once the Master s bound , you can't unplug everything off the master to test as the slave passes through the master. The best way to test the slave once the Master is also bound is to remove the antennas off the master

I'd successfully bind the redundancy on both master and slave receiver.
I'd previously done with wrongly by unplug the power cable instead of unhook the antenna cable for correct.
Thank a lot to all of you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya