Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

iFlight Succex-D DJI & Crossfire?

robhafey

Reaction score
I just got my Crossfire Nano receiver and was curious if I could leave the DJI receiver connection and then add the crossfire receiver on another UART? I would like to be able to switch between them in Betaflight.

Here is the wiring diagram. They say to disconnect R1 and GND and then connect on T1 & R1. I was thinking I could just use UART 4,5 or 6?

Anyone know for sure?

1602178772832.png

No idea if that would work and not really sure why you would want to. No idea about the dji tx as I have a Taranis, but to use the external module I had to make changes within the script of the model I was using to get the crossfire to work. Another problem was that I tried to configure a UART for the crossfire that turned out to be either inverted/uninverted and it didn’t work. Ended up shifting the gps and crossfire around to fire it up. Essentially the same as your attached diagram. Configuring your dji tx and Betaflight to suit running the two might be more trouble than its worth?

No idea if that would work and not really sure why you would want to. No idea about the dji tx as I have a Taranis, but to use the external module I had to make changes within the script of the model I was using to get the crossfire to work. Another problem was that I tried to configure a UART for the crossfire that turned out to be either inverted/uninverted and it didn’t work. Ended up shifting the gps and crossfire around to fire it up. Essentially the same as your attached diagram. Configuring your dji tx and Betaflight to suit running the two might be more trouble than its worth?

I agree it might not be worth it but I want to at least see if it is possible. It really boils down to having something working and then mucking it up to try something different. I sent the question to iFlight to see what they say. If it is a no go then I'll just follow their wiring diagram.

And then once I get that working I am going to add a GPS module!! It would be cool if I could find a TPU piece for the back. Where did you mount your GPS?

I agree it might not be worth it but I want to at least see if it is possible. It really boils down to having something working and then mucking it up to try something different. I sent the question to iFlight to see what they say. If it is a no go then I'll just follow their wiring diagram.

And then once I get that working I am going to add a GPS module!! It would be cool if I could find a TPU piece for the back. Where did you mount your GPS?
Yeah it would be interesting to see what iFlight come back with. As for the GPS module, I mounted it on the very front of the frame at the top above the camera. The only issue I have had is trying to get the home arrow to work, everything else is fine with speed, co-ordinates etc. Even swapped out the module to check if it was dodgy, but no go. I'm getting between 8 and 12 satellites usually so the positioning of the module is fine, all the boxes are checked in the OSD in betaflight so who knows.

Yeah it would be interesting to see what iFlight come back with. As for the GPS module, I mounted it on the very front of the frame at the top above the camera. The only issue I have had is trying to get the home arrow to work, everything else is fine with speed, co-ordinates etc. Even swapped out the module to check if it was dodgy, but no go. I'm getting between 8 and 12 satellites usually so the positioning of the module is fine, all the boxes are checked in the OSD in betaflight so who knows.

I don't know much about the GPS but maybe it isn't getting a reference starting position?

I don't know much about the GPS but maybe it isn't getting a reference starting position?
I'm making sure that I have the minimum 5 satellites locked on prior to flying and to ensure a home point. You can bypass the minimum satellites and just fly and eventually you'll get a satellite lock but GPS rescue will have your quad fly to Finland......

I'm making sure that I have the minimum 5 satellites locked on prior to flying and to ensure a home point. You can bypass the minimum satellites and just fly and eventually you'll get a satellite lock but GPS rescue will have your quad fly to Finland......

Finland :) I wonder where the initial GPS coordinates are stored? I am guessing Betaflight does that? Maybe problem with internal RAM? Or maybe it is on the GPS? I'll have to read up on that.

Finland :) I wonder where the initial GPS coordinates are stored? I am guessing Betaflight does that? Maybe problem with internal RAM? Or maybe it is on the GPS? I'll have to read up on that.
Have a feeling that the coordinates are not stored anywhere as when you end the flight/disarm, there is nothing displayed in the goggles (unlike analogue info displayed when you disarm the quad).

No answer from iFlight so I just figured it out myself by reading more about the DJI air unit. Having both won't work because R1 is SBUS which has to be dedicated. I was thinking that the TX/RX was used for comm with the controller but no, that is for the googles/OSD. So I am going ahead with disabling R1&Ground and wiring for Crossfire as in the diagram. I'm learning stuff :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tevek
Crossfire now working. I ended up sticking with the stock wiring which worked once I went through a bit of hell getting my Tango 2 updated. Looking forward to less range anxiety!

Crossfire now working. I ended up sticking with the stock wiring which worked once I went through a bit of hell getting my Tango 2 updated. Looking forward to less range anxiety!
All good then! I went through the same process updating the firmware and mod chip on my Taranis QX7S. First crossfire mod took 6 hours, second one took one hour, and the third took 30 mins. I learnt more about the process fiddling with it and a bit of trial and error than any video could do.

Reactions: robhafey
All good then! I went through the same process updating the firmware and mod chip on my Taranis QX7S. First crossfire mod took 6 hours, second one took one hour, and the third took 30 mins. I learnt more about the process fiddling with it and a bit of trial and error than any video could do.

Yeah, it wasn't trivial. Because I wasn't getting stick input I thought I had mucked something up with the wiring. Check that 10 times, it was ok. And then I updated the firmware on the Tango 2 and the receiver wouldn't bind. I did the update again, downgraded to 4.0.0 and then things bound and sticks moved. WOOHOO!

And thanks for the antenna mounting tips. Mine looks just like yours now.

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz