Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

In need of basic help

pedz

Reaction score
Website
why-not-photography.smugmug.com
I’ve flown DJI camera drones like the Inspire and Mavic. When I push the right stick forward, they move at a speed forward proportional to how far I have moved the stick. If I release the stick, they stop and hover. My first question is: what is this mode called? (I assume it has a name). For now, I’ll call this “camera mode”.

I wanted to learn how to fly FPV so I bought a tiny whoop: Woofly Flylens 75. I’m using my DJI goggles 2 and DJI remote controller 2. I’m trying to learn how to fly inside the house. I’m able sometimes to scoot along the floor.

I can’t figure out exactly what the sticks are doing. My guess is, with the right stick for example, if I move the stick forward, the drone will try to pitch forward to get to a particular angle of attack and if I let go of the stick it will stay at that angle of attack but this isn’t consistent with how the left stick behaves. If I move the left stick left, for example, the drone will yaw left until I let go of the stick and then it will stop trying to yaw … similar to how “camera mode” works. But both axis of the right stick behave differently from how the yaw axis works on the left stick.

Also, the throttle stick seems to be a linear speed of the props until the drone gets upset and then it starts buzzing like crazy.

So, my questions are:
What is this mode called? (I’m assuming know what it is called will help me in my searches, etc.)
What is the right stick controls telling the drone to do?
Are there options in BetaFlight to change how the left stick and the right stick work? I know about the rates and I know about “mode 1”, “mode 2” … to put the move the functions of the sticks around but I am asking if there are options that change what I’ll call “the meaning” of the right stick in particular.

The drone has BetaFlight 4.4.3

Sounds like you were in "acro" mode, i.e. for all 3 axes the stick commands the rotation speed around that axis.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jossey