Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

In United States but in CE mode?

Woobisah

Reaction score
I'm in the US, but I think I'm in CE mode as my range is pretty bad and if I go to Transmission settings and change to Manual Mode, I'm only seeing 1 Channel on 40mhz. From what I've seen there are supposed to be 3 channels.

I'm in the states. When I go to transmission and switch to manual, the frequency has a drop down but it only has 5.8Ghz. The bandwidth has a 10, 20, and 40 Mhz setting. 40Mhz has 1 channel, 20 Mhz has 2 and 10 Mhz has 3 channels. I set it back to auto.

I can go down the street which is about 1000 ft and then turn the corner and start to lose signal due to the trees, etc. The drone will start the return to home and the signal is recovered when it is above the houses.

Flying in up high, I've not noticed any problems but I haven't gone super far out yet but I was a fair ways out.

Do you have any guess as to how far you can go out in an unobstructed path?

You are in the same boat as me then. I was on the phone with DJI and they haven't figured it out yet. I was at my son's school and when he went behind it, the signal dropped quick and only 300 ft away. Flying with a friend tomorrow to see if he has the same problem.

I finally remembered to test this. Avata with Motion controller and DJI Goggles 2. Clear, Texas day. 87º. I flew between 300 and 400 ft up and I got just over a half mile 2640 ft. before the video started to glitch out. That seems decent to me.

What is a bit worrisome is I can't go "dive bombing" -- flying in and out of trees, etc -- except when the drone is relatively close. I'd guess about 500 ft before it gets a flaky. I can generally recover and get a good signal back without wrecking but it seems iffy at times.

I finally remembered to test this. Avata with Motion controller and DJI Goggles 2. Clear, Texas day. 87º. I flew between 300 and 400 ft up and I got just over a half mile 2640 ft. before the video started to glitch out. That seems decent to me.

What is a bit worrisome is I can't go "dive bombing" -- flying in and out of trees, etc -- except when the drone is relatively close. I'd guess about 500 ft before it gets a flaky. I can generally recover and get a good signal back without wrecking but it seems iffy at times.
1/2 mile at that height is not good at all. Not sure why no one can say how to tell if you are in FCC mode or CE. Both my friend and I both live in the US and only have 1 Channel when set Transmission to Manual. I had to use the Hack to get 3 channels.

1/2 mile at that height is not good at all. Not sure why no one can say how to tell if you are in FCC mode or CE. Both my friend and I both live in the US and only have 1 Channel when set Transmission to Manual. I had to use the Hack to get 3 channels.
What hack are you talking about? (I'll also surf around and see if I can find it.). Do you have any distance measurements either before or after the hack?

Ahh... I found it. It was so easy to find that I'll not put a link since this site might not like it. I'm new here.

Last edited:
So I did the "zero size file hack". I can now get 6000 ft away before things start to fuzz out. I had a pretty good cross wind it seems. I'm not sure how that affects things. Flew just before the 400' "ceiling". And I now have three channels with 40Mhz if I switch to manual transmission mode. This is with the motion controller and DJI Goggles 2.

There is a somewhat open field 650' down the street. Between me and the field are houses, etc. When flying "low" (10'-30') in that field the reception is sketchy -- as it was before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix