Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Indoors

Steve56303

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve used the Inspire 2 and Mini 2 indoors in a large industrial building.

They fly great with their downward facing vision sensors - able to hover and maintain slow smooth flight without gps.

Client is asking if we can use the DJI FPV drone.

Has anyone here actually used this in a large warehouse type setting? How did it go?

I’m really looking for folks with experience and not just opinions. Thanks.

Client is asking if we can use the DJI FPV drone.
You should probably ask them why they want this first, because for most uses it'll be a worse choice than the others for that kind of footage.

If they expect you to do FPV-style moves then the sensors etc would all be disabled so the question would be kind of moot. For anything other it's just going to deliver comparately poor footage since the camera doesn't like low light and isn't roll-stabilized.

My guess is they want some more "fluid" FPV-style footage than the usual "on the rails" DJI footage and what they're actually asking is not if the FPV can fly indoors but if you're able to do that kind of flying, which implies not having the usual assistance features.

I've seen Gopros mounted on DJI FPV drones, so you could go that route for better low light. I just test flew my P4p in an indoor basketball court and then tested a Cinewhoop that I built that is ducted. I thought about prop guards for the Phantom to avoid doing any damage. Just learning the Cinewhoop, it's the way to go for indoor flying.

I've seen Gopros mounted on DJI FPV drones, so you could go that route for better low light. I just test flew my P4p in an indoor basketball court and then tested a Cinewhoop that I built that is ducted. I thought about prop guards for the Phantom to avoid doing any damage. Just learning the Cinewhoop, it's the way to go for indoor flying.
Thanks. I've got a couple Cinewhoops, but need to be able to hover at times - the Mini 2 and Inspire 2 (and I assume the DJI FPV) would make this way easier. While I'm competent at indoor flight with a whoop holding a steady hover for 10-15s is really too hard, especially if we need to do a couple takes and reproduce it.

Thanks. I've got a couple Cinewhoops, but need to be able to hover at times - the Mini 2 and Inspire 2 (and I assume the DJI FPV) would make this way easier. While I'm competent at indoor flight with a whoop holding a steady hover for 10-15s is really too hard, especially if we need to do a couple takes and reproduce it.
Which Cinewhoops do you have? I built mine from a Banggood Kit, I've spent a lot of time trying to tune it so it will be more controllable at slower speeds, they like to go fast. I tried to ease into this, now I'm looking into a Shendrones Squirt and DJI Air unit with Goggles. Do you think the Mini 2 would be a better alternative?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax