Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Insta360 Go: tiny action camera even for whoops and toothpicks

Frisbee

Reaction score
AFAIK, the GoPro session is discontinued, so this might be a smaller alternative. Amazing that they can make a camera this good, this small. I'm thinking about getting one, although I can't do anything worth filming, I could use it a general camera until I get better at flying. There seems to be a 5 minute maximum recording time, I guess because it gets hot so they programmed in that limit. There's also has other features like stabilization, and a very wide field of view.

The Insta360 Go is a great little camera, it is nowhere near as good as a GoPro, and the app has some issues with Android (reduced features and capabilities) but is a great lightweight alternative to a GoPro. Even though the GoPro Hero 5 Session (and Hero Session which is the 4 instead of the 5) is discontinued you can find them refurbished in the roughly $75 to $150 range all over the place if you look, I picked one up for $140 a short while back. Also to get the 5 minute "FPV" mode you will need to flash it I think.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
I like the picture and the stabilization it has but the 5 minute timer and the price is a con as I see it. I too snagged a deal on a GoPro Session 5 a while back on eBay which came in the original box and had a lot of extras for $150 and I will stick with it for a while. It would be nice if this camera's price dropped by half some day and maybe it will as the clones start rolling in.

Well guys and gals, for $320 AUD that equates to either a HD analogue quad or a chunk of money towards a DJI unit whose video quality is more than enough for simple folk like me. I’ve also got a session 3 and an older GoPro camera that I dragged through Asia and still does the job. And with due respect, cable tying or using elastic bands to hold the show in place is counter intuitive to a clean build.
Just me of course.

I have often wished that my Spark had a rear camera at times. I was thinking of mounting one of those cheap keychain cameras on it to get that view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbystrek