Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Installing first receiver... nooberific !

gORbus

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently bought my first quad (Diatone Taycan25). It was built just needing a receiver. It seems crafted for the R-XSR. I have ordered one but I DO have a jumper R1 here at the moment. I guess I am not certain if I can use the pigtail provided for the R-XSR or do I need to solder on the supplied pigtail that came with the Jumper R1 ? The R1 has 5 wires...
Jumper R1
Gnd
VCC
SBus
SPort
RSSI

The pigtail intended to plug right into the R-XSR is as follows
R-XSR
Gnd
VCC
TX
RX
I have attached a pic of the stack details and the pinout of the rx. Can somebody help a noob ? I have time and just don't want to make a costly error.
Thanks a ton !
CMitch

Attachments

• rxdilema.png
    rxdilema.png
    558.7 KB · Views: 6
The only real signals needed are Gnd/5V/SBus, so it should work fine. SmartPort and RSSI are for telemetry but are not needed.

Reactions: okw
Ok... I got the rx installed and everything checks out in Betaflight. Now... the Jumper drama.. My 2 weeks old Jumper T18 has failed. I turned it on and it told me SD card error and "BAD RADIO DATA". After replacing SD card... the SD card error is gone but the "bad radio data" is still present. If I turn the radio off, it wipes everything. Is Jumper just a terrible product ? My Jumper T-lite failed and I sent it back for repair and the guy talked me into the T18, and it was cool for a week or two.. now this. 300 dollars on 2 radios and neither work. What is reliable radio (NON JUMPER PLZ) ? I hope this is just a Jumper thing, not the entire industry... is all this quad stuff just Chinese trash ?

Grrr
Thx

Many people are having great success with the T-18, I read some articles saying that the firmware file needs to be copied into the firmware directory on the SD card to get rid of the bad radio data message, perhaps do a google search and see what you can figure out. Sorry I can't help more as I am still using my old ACCST QX-7S so I am not up to date on what the issues might be with the T-18.

I am trying another SD card now with more attention to the firmware folder. Whatever caused it to happen in the first place is concerning.

Some T18s have come with bad solder joints on the SD card holder, might be that.
Jumper is the cheapest around but unsurprisingly rather inconsistent on quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput