Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is DJI Mavic Mini good enough?

Ivan Goodwin

Reaction score
I want to put up my own videography business, and I want to include drone shots as part of my business. My shots would mainly be done during the pre-shoots and, of course, the wedding itself. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of capital with me so I'm thinking of buying the Mavic Mini which is less than $400. Will this drone be enough to make high-quality shots? Or should I spend twice as much for the Mavic Air 2? The Mavic 2 is definitely out of my price range. Please help.

I want to put up my own videography business, and I want to include drone shots as part of my business. My shots would mainly be done during the pre-shoots and, of course, the wedding itself. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of capital with me so I'm thinking of buying the Mavic Mini which is less than $400. Will this drone be enough to make high-quality shots? Or should I spend twice as much for the Mavic Air 2? The Mavic 2 is definitely out of my price range. Please help.
Try posting in this forum...
DJI Mavic Drone Forum
The Mavic Mini has a problem with wind. If you have to shoot on a windy day, the Air 2 would be a better choice. I think the Air 2 has a much better camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust the Mini for a wedding shoot. I just don't think it's reliable enough for you to count on. Also it doesn't shoot raw. Thr Mavic Air 2 would definitely be better.
You could consider a Mavic Air first gen refurbished if you're on a budget, it's louder for sure but the Master Airscrew props do help.
If you're anywhere near Brooklyn and want to try one let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax