Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is DJI withholding FPV Goggles/Motion Controller support for the Air 2S?

BelovedMirror

Reaction score
I know that DJI has not officially said that the Air 2S would be compatible with the DJI FPV's goggles and motion controller, but do you think that there's a possibility that this would be released? Or do you think that they're reserving it for the Mavic 3 so as to give that release even more "value"? It's a smart marketing ploy but disappointing still especially for those who don't have plans to upgrade so soon.

No-one knows - what dji’s release plans are, pure speculation.

Until something is officially announced, there’s no formal commitment to anything.
Frankly, blame social media for raising potentially false expectations in the pursuit of views and subs.

at the end of the day, companies make decisions all the time about what to develop and release - technical considerations are only part of the equation.

I don't know if characterizing it as a "ploy" is fair... DJI, like every producer of anything, plans their product features and timeline to achieve their growth and income objectives. The return on the engineering, marketing, and lifetime support costs for the 2S working with the FPV gear might not serve their goals as well as a different plan.

The best that can be said of any company is they try to serve the needs of their customer base and target market with a good ear to what those needs are. While DJI doesn't give me all the features I'd like to have, I think they do a pretty good job of meeting the demands of their market, so it isn't surprising they dominate with 70% of it.

DJI has changed their FAQ from "maybe" basically, to "no"

Their updated wording is:

DJI Air 2S does not support the use of the DJI FPV Goggles series or the DJI Motion Controller, and there is currently no plan to add support for these devices. For further information, please pay attention to future firmware updates.

DJI just doesn't understand software development. It has a tight grip on the market and is behooves them to flip a bit to make you buy another product.

They're practically a loss-leader in drones and their strategy seems to be to run everyone out of business by dumping product

I know that DJI has not officially said that the Air 2S would be compatible with the DJI FPV's goggles and motion controller, but do you think that there's a possibility that this would be released? Or do you think that they're reserving it for the Mavic 3 so as to give that release even more "value"? It's a smart marketing ploy but disappointing still especially for those who don't have plans to upgrade so soon.
The MA2S latency is more than the FPV.

From what I’ve read they are not going to add goggles compatible with Mavic Air 2s. I f could use my dji FPV goggles with it I would buy

Someone posted a photo of the goggles showing an Air 2s mode, so maybe it's coming if it's not a fake...

Someone posted a photo of the goggles showing an Air 2s mode, so maybe it's coming if it's not a fake...
It worked initially, I witnessed it personally but it was removed from the final firmware. Frankly, it was dangerous to to cut the FOV almost in half, have limited Obstacle Avoidance and use the DJI FPV goggles and Motion Controller. DJI has a ton of data on this phenomenon from past experience, not to mention that a few early reviewers crashed trying it.

The idea that they might allow for it on the M3 is "possible" with its advanced Obstacle Avoidance with higher resolution and greater processing that might allow the goggles to see through the forward OA cameras with their wider FOV. Narrow FOV+Goggles= CRASHES.

That would be kinda stupid, maybe hide it behind warnings instead... Some people certainly will crash their DJI FPV too once they enable manual mode yet it's there...
Don't really see how it would be different to a Mavic 1 or 2 with DJI Goggles either, the FOV is narrow there too.

Reactions: Fpvbefokt
That would be kinda stupid, maybe hide it behind warnings instead... Some people certainly will crash their DJI FPV too once they enable manual mode yet it's there...
Don't really see how it would be different to a Mavic 1 or 2 with DJI Goggles either, the FOV is narrow there too.
FOV bro, you cut the FOV in half, you increase that possibility. That falls under, the data they already have...

Yes, and as mentioned the Mavic 2 has even less FOV yet has goggles.

Yes, and as mentioned the Mavic 2 has even less FOV yet has goggles.
Yea and lots of drones have been crashed... That's my point. Oh and what do you know? DJI no longer sells goggles for non fpv drones. Hmm... I wonder if there's a connection? BTFW... if DJI released the firmware to allow the goggles to be used with the Air2S, once guys started crashing them, everyone would be howling for their heads! God forbid some idiot flies one into some kid's eye or something... Everyone hates babysitting until something bad happens and then they scream WHERE WERE THE SAFEGUARDS?!?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz