Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Issues with mobula7 on FlySky transmitter

mikeottinger

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having issues with getting my mobula7 craft to work with my Flysky receiver, I'd had an earlier mobula7 that didn't have these issues so not sure I've got a mad quad or if it's something I've done. Binding went like so: I get the transmitter into binding-mode, then connected one 1s battery to the craft and have the second ready to be connected with one hand. I press in the bind button while connecting the second 1s battery with one hand (super awkward). That seems to work, after restarting the transmitter I see the Rx signal bar as expected. After setting up the arm switch in BetaFlight, I start to have issues. When I connected batteries to the quad it does 3 extra loud beeps and a few of the motors slightly twitch. When I turn on the FlySky the error rate is at 17% then goes down to 0%. When I flip the arm switch, the quad starts beeping repeatedly and LOUD. The craft is responsive to throttle so seems like it's technically working, but the beeping is angry and incessant, making me think something isn't right with my setup.

Any ideas out there on what may have gone wrong?

If it's flying perfectly, just beeping, it could be a switch setting in betaflight. There's a checkbox in the setup tab that turns your ESC chimes into a beeper when you lose radio, or when you have a beeper switch turned on. You can also check your modes tab and see if you have a beeper switch assigned. If your beeper is AUX1 then it will go off the whole time your armed (assuming ARM is usually AUX1)

I thought it must be some setting in BetaFlight as well. I can't seem to find anything in there that's contributing to this. The attached screenshot shows my Configuration tab. And for modes, right now the only thing enabled is the Arm mode. And to describe the extra beeping:

- When I connect the battery it does its normal little "chime melody" then does 3 loud beeps.
- When the quad is disarmed, there are no sounds, just sits there.
- When the quad is armed and the throttle is off, it'll give a single loud beep every 3 seconds or so.
- When the throttle is on, it gives no beep.
- The quad beeps when I flip the switch between arming and disarming.

Attachments

• 1556473991777.png
    1556473991777.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 8
Is voltage monitoring on? Is the max battery voltage set to at least 4.4v? With lihv batts they sit at 4.35v charged and can cause the fc to chuck a wobbly with the buzzer but still fly.
This was the problem I had, same symptoms as yours with the beeping but flying fine situation.
Stock setting is 4.3v I think and that works fine with regular lipos as they sit at 4.2v charged. With lihv this is too low a value.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas