Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Jumper T16 not Connecting to TBS Crossfire Micro TX V2

SpeedBump

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I broke one of my switches on my Radiomaster TX16S and until I get the new switch, I thought I would use my Jumper T16 as my backup.

I’ve flashed the T16 to the latest Open TX, but the problem is that the Jumper T16 is not recognizing my Crossfire Micro TX V2 Module. It’s trying to configure itself and it reports that it can’t find a crossfire module or device.

I checked the pins in the T16 module bay and their not bent. I also checked the power output on the pins with a voltmeter and it’s generating the exact voltage as the battery is putting out.

Everything else is working. My TH2 which has a Frsky based receiver and it works great.

I’ve done some research and some people were reporting that the Crossfire TX Module does not sit properly or possibly the pins are bent. Like I said earlier the pins are fine, but I’m not sure how to confirm if the cause is because the module is not sitting/fitting deep enough into the T16 module bay.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Yes it does.
Today I opened the T16 up and plugged in the TBS Crossfire Micro TX V2 to make sure the the pins from the T16 Module Bay were seating as far down as possible into the Crossfire TX and the T16 still did not recognize the Crossfire.

Are you using the build of OpenTX that includes the Crossfire support?

I’m using the latest build 2.3.11. Does that not include v2?

Thank you.

Well do you have CRSF selected as module type? If so then yes, if not that's what you need.

Have you run the LUA script to set it up?

I’ve tried both the Crossfire LUA script and the TBS Agent lite from the T16 and in both cases that is when it tries to search for a crossfire system and it spits out that it can’t find the any modules/rx.

Seems like there might be a hardware issue with the T16 then. Maybe related to the many known issues with it around ribbon cable connections, read up on it and try reseating the ribbon cables (remove battery first of course).

I have a T16 here, with 2.3.11, agent lite, CRSF selected, module installed and it works fine.

Thank you very, very much for taking the time to help.

My intention is only to use the T16 until I get my replacement switch for my Radiomaster. I thought I may be able to solve this quickly and use it, but from the sounds of it’s not worth the trouble and I’ll just wait for the switches.
Thanks again,
Sam

Did you ever find a solution. I've got the TX16s and I downloaded and flashed the firmware and I don't even have a section for model selection. When I run the lua it just says waiting for crossfire device. When I select crossfire config, it says crossfire not available. The module on the back gets no power. I'm just getting into fpv and I'm amazed that this f****ing radio has been the most frustrating part. Everything's ready to go but I can't use crossfire and I don't have any other receivers.

I wish I could tell you that I did, but unfortunately no. I’m experiencing the exact same error messages as you.

I’ve pretty well given up. I tried plugging in the TBS TX Module with the back cover to the T16 removed and no luck.

The only thing that I can think of that’s causing the problem is possible the internal module. Since I’m mainly using the T16 for the simulator and was only trying to use it until I repaired my broken switch on my Radiomaster, I figured that it’s not worth the money to purchase another internal module! Besides, it doesn’t assure me that it will even work!

I really wish that I could have given you some good news!

This issue has be reported by a small group of people. It appears that the pin alignment is off on some units and therefore do not properly connect to the TX module in the JR bay. You can take a look at the pins in the JR bay and make sure they are perfectly perpendicular to the back. A slight bend upwards can result in the pins connecting in the wrong holes in the TX module (with the top pin going over the last hole).

This is likely your issue. Take a picture of your JR bay and I can likely confirm this for you.

Thanks for the reply. I literally got my TX16s yesterday followed all the steps and nothing. Someone talked me out of buying the Tango 2. They're on my s*** list right now lol.

Thanks for the reply. I literally got my TX16s yesterday followed all the steps and nothing. Someone talked me out of buying the Tango 2. They're on my s*** list right now lol.
The TX16S is a great radio and the gimbals are arguably better and definitely larger than the Tango2 so you will have a great radio once you get your issue resolved. I have both and use my TX16 most of the time and keep my Tango2 for when I'm backpacking due to it's portability.

Well I bought mine from the TBS website and I submitted a ticket to their support team. Fingers crossed but hopes are low

Well I bought mine from the TBS website and I submitted a ticket to their support team. Fingers crossed but hopes are low

Check your pins on the TX16, they are likely bent upwards slightly which will cause this issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax