Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Just getting back into flying...charger and radio questions. Revolectrix PL8 and Spectrum still relevant?

Squitters

Reaction score
Years ago, I used to fly micro-helis - mostly E-Flite stuff. Had a lot of fun and still have my old helis. I did buy a charger years ago so that I could get into flying bigger helis, but never got around to that. I still have an old Revolectrix Powerlab 8 V2 and my old Spektrum DX6i.

My new gear includes a Radiomaster TX16S and I have a set of Skyzone Cobra X V2 goggles on the way, but I'm curious about my old gear, and how relevant / useful it may still be today.

Revolectrix went out of business last year, but I did manage to find all of their documentation and software online, so I grabbed everything! My PL8 is basically brand new, and has been sitting in a closet for years!

My old DX6i wasn't a great radio to begin with, so I was thinking about giving it and an old eflite quad to my buddy and his kid, but thought I'd check in to get people's opinions about it first.

Is my old gear still relevant or ueful, or have there been a lot of advances in the past few years with this stuff?

TIA

Attachments

• 20220113_061744.jpg
    20220113_061744.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya