Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

King Kong 90GT issues...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, can anyone shed some light on why my 90GT is washing out so bad? I started trying to fly acro after a few day on horizon and angle and I can't seem to keep this guy going. I starts to go then lifts up on the front and starts drifting backwards. Here's a quickie clip on what it's doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jerry

First acro flights KK90GT

So you pitch it forward and let off the stick, and it pitches back on its own? That ain't prop wash doing that. If you aren't moving the stick then my first guess is something to do with the gyro or accelerometer. You might try turning the accelerometer off (wont have self leveling modes anymore till you turn it back on but) and see if it still does it. You may also want to retest in angle and horizon to see if you can see any of the symptoms there.

So you pitch it forward and let off the stick, and it pitches back on its own?

Randy,

No, I'm moving forward, stick forward, I've already got the path in my head and sight then the bird pitches back. As it pitches back I then start letting off the stick. I thought it might be the pids but I'm not educated enough to change them. I'll try turning the acel off today if I get the chance to fly a bit. I've been flying this bird the past few days in angle and horizon but I didn't notice it. Now that I've done a few runs in acro, I've tried it again in angle and horizon and I think it is still doing it but it's not as noticeable because the bird is self-correcting. I really want to "practice" in acro with these brushless micro's before I try to put any of my 5 inches in the air. It's a tight neighborhood here and I don't want to slam into anybody's stuff. I won't be flying here, just practicing before I venture out. Thanks for your help!

Jerry

Reactions: HighTechPauper
OK, 3.2.2 was real garbage compared to later revs. The first thing I would do is do a cli dump and then re-flash it with 3.5.7 then retest. Let me know if I can help streamline the process with you.

Reactions: Jtrjr
OK, 3.2.2 was real garbage compared to later revs. The first thing I would do is do a cli dump and then re-flash it with 3.5.7 then retest. Let me know if I can help streamline the process with you.
It's definitely a pids issue. I found a YT video with someone else's setup, changed my pids to match his and it's flying good now. Not as reactive as I'd like but much, much better than they were. It stopped doing the pitching. Im going to look around for some others and compare. I wish I knew more about pids, guess I'll have to take some time to do some studying soon! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I can certainly see how the PIDs could effect it, but I have not heard of this reaction before. While I can't say what I would raise or drop as far as the numbers, I know this helped me to understand exactly what each did in the system. The good stuff starts at 7:40 second mark. Since all PID controllers work the same, and just the percentage that they (the P the I and the D) effect things is what varies, it helped me to kind of see it in action in a simple experiment. Not gonna lie though, I have never tried to tune a quad, and the 3.5.7 PIDs have been pretty good for me on just about everything, but I tend to just try to adapt to the quad and haven't tried to actually improve the way they handle. Keep us informed, and maybe the starting numbers and what you ended up on for each controller value.

Reactions: L0stB1t and Jtrjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas