Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Left stick making drone roll right?? Help please

Kiwigolfer

Reaction score
Hey all. New to fpv. Been flying in the sim but when I go to manual mode the left stick cause the drone to yaw to the right?

please help

The sim is in mode 2, so yaw and throttle on the left stick.

The aircraft will yaw left, but your view will also roll right since your camera isn't straight but at an upwards angle.
The sim actually isn't realistic regarding this since the real aircraft has a built-in mix to partly compensate for this but the sim doesn't.

Yes but I was expecting pushing the left stick left to cause the drone to yaw left not right?
I experienced the same issue when I just started flying in normal manual mode. Both in the DJI sim and in real life. Like kilrah mentioned, in manual mode, you operate yaw and roll with respect to the drone coordinate system. When flying at speed, the drone is tilted almost 45deg forward, so a yaw left is also tilted with this angle, even though your camera may point horizontal (= upward in the drone coordinate system). This gives the impression that the drone rolls to the other side.

My first instinct was to countersteer with the right stick, but that only results in weird flying. You'd best steer with the right stick in the same direction, and as a result the drone will "drift" around the corner, with the thrust pointing down and outside the curve, which is what you want actually.

Edit: corrected normal to manual

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster