Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Linking FPV Goggles V2 to Mavics

VagueNerd

Reaction score
Hey there, anyone had experience with linking FPV Goggles V2 to Mavics. I have a Mini and a Zoom. I would like to both be able to use the goggles as the graphic interface. But would also like to be able to let my kid watch observer mode in the goggles while I fly my Mini or my Zoom with their usual interface (phone for Mini, Smart Controller with Zoom). The latter, of course, to entice my kid or my long suffering wife to come with me as a spotter when I indulge myself in my new FPV addiction.

By way of background. I just got the FPV Combo... I want to be able to use the goggles for more than just the FPV air unit.

The goggles are not compatible with Mavic drones.
I just "chatted" with DJI support and they said that they were compatible with Mavic and Phantom drones... but I was a bit suspicious that my chat correspondent did not have all the facts, but s/he (Fermin?) seemed convinced. However s/he did not have an answer to the observer mode question. Do you know if they can "observe" the flight of a Mavic?

I just "chatted" with DJI support and they said that they were compatible with Mavic and Phantom drones... but I was a bit suspicious that my chat correspondent did not have all the facts, but s/he (Fermin?) seemed convinced.
The DJI goggles and the RE model work with the Mavic, the DJI FPV Goggles V2 that come with the drone don't. Maybe wasn't clear which one you had.

What you have only works with the drone and the air unit.

Yes DJI's naming isn't great.

Last edited:
Pity. I wonder if a firmware update will broaden that compatibility. Won't be holding my breath on that, though. Thanks folks.

I wonder, could you hook the FPV Goggles up to the HDMI port of the Smart Controller, displaying the view from the smart controller in the goggles? Apparently it can work the other way round, but I am not interested in that.

The FPV goggles don't have an HDMI input (or output) unfortunately. You could use an HDMI to composite converter and then connect to AV-IN, but then it starts becoming a tad cumbersome (and low quality)

The FPV goggles don't have an HDMI input (or output) unfortunately. You could use an HDMI to composite converter and then connect to AV-IN, but then it starts becoming a tad cumbersome (and low quality)
So how does the FPV goggles receive their image when I connect it to the phone to use the simulator? It must be receiving video signal, right?

Yes there's clearly a way to both pass video to the goggles (for simulator) and out of them (app can mirror the video feed), but it's through the USB with who knows what method proprietary to DJI's apps, not using anything standard or documented...

Reactions: JoostGT3
Yes there's clearly a way to both pass video to the goggles (for simulator) and out of them (app can mirror the video feed), but it's through the USB with who knows what method proprietary to DJI's apps, not using anything standard or documented...
Ah ok, so there is no use in me trying to find a HDMI to USB-C cable or so?

I just "chatted" with DJI support and they said that they were compatible with Mavic and Phantom drones... but I was a bit suspicious that my chat correspondent did not have all the facts, but s/he (Fermin?) seemed convinced. However s/he did not have an answer to the observer mode question. Do you know if they can "observe" the flight of a Mavic?
I am also unable to pair DJI FPV goggles V2 to Mavic Pro Platinum drone and controller. I have viewed dozens of DJI & 3rd party tutorials none of the techniques have worked.
From DJI website: The DJI Goggles are designed for easy FPV flying, providing both seamless control and crystal clear views. All newer DJI aircraft models work seamlessly with the DJI Goggles. It works wirelessly with the Mavic Pro. I'm beginning to wonder if this is factual.
DJI Compatibilty chart.JPG

As mentioned earlier this refers to the old bulky goggles, not the new "FPV" ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya