Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for DJI FPV Drone downloadable camera files

bluesgeek

Reaction score
Hi. New guy here with the DJI FPV Drone and not happy with the image quality of my camera.

1) I'm finding lots of noise even in good light, using both Normal and D-Cinelike (4k60).

2) (and more important I guess) My camera records files with a lot of "smearing," for lack of a better word, in foliage. This is most noticeable in leaveless bushes and trees that have a lot of tiny branches. This is a problem I noticed on the original 2016 Mavic camera.

I would love to be able to download some camera files to compare with what I'm seeing from my camera, but haven't found any other than some shots of dirt and rocks kindly made available by Tom's Tech Time.

I've uploaded a couple of D-Cinelike frames from my camera.

Can anyone point me to something to download? Thanks very much!

Attachments

• dji fpv 040421 image06.png
    dji fpv 040421 image06.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 14
  • dji fpv 040421 image05.png
    dji fpv 040421 image05.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 14
D-Cinelike will always look worse in darker lighting conditions since it's boosting exposure in the dark areas, which will be noisy in the first place in poor light. When shooting cinelike you're supposed to bring the shadows back down in post which would mostly hide it.
Also what's obvious on a screenshot is most likely much less noticeable on the actual video, so you might want to post footage instead of stills for more relevant comments.

Here's a bit of raw 4k60 H265 with varied lighting, not in cinelike though. I love that camera :)

Last edited:
D-Cinelike will always look worse in darker lighting conditions since it's boosting exposure in the dark areas, which will be noisy in the first place in poor light. When shooting cinelike you're supposed to bring the shadows back down in post which would mostly hide it.
Also what's obvious on a screenshot is most likely much less noticeable on the actual video, so you might want to post footage instead of stills for more relevant comments.

Here's a bit of raw 4k60 H265 with varied lighting, not in cinelike though. I love that camera :)
That's some good flying, Kilrah!

Thanks very much for sharing. I can point to the first frame through to :04 as exemplary of the issue. Small tight foliage (especially leaveless) without a lot of detail cannot be resolved and is rendered as blobs of color.

I've uploaded a file and apologize for its 3.5 GB size. This is a somewhat good test as much of it is just loaded with that type of foliage. I'll try to go out tomorrow to record some shorter clips. Please look especially at :40 to 1:00 and again at 2:00.

Thanks again for your time.

DJI_0005.MP4

Well yeah I guess on that kind of stationary recording you see that DJI uses less sharpening than some other brands, and being in cinelike either reduces that further or adds some noise reduction due to the lifted shadows... the lens also isn't pin sharp especially on the right/upper area, seems the same on both of ours.

But none of that is apparent when there's some movement and this thing is made to move, so... :)

Would be interesting to see if it's the same in 30fps, some cameras also have to reduce the amount of processing they do at higher framerates.

Reactions: bluesgeek
Well yeah I guess on that kind of stationary recording you see that DJI uses less sharpening than some other brands, and being in cinelike either reduces that further or adds some noise reduction due to the lifted shadows... the lens also isn't pin sharp especially on the right/upper area, seems the same on both of ours.

But none of that is apparent when there's some movement and this thing is made to move, so... :)

Would be interesting to see if it's the same in 30fps, some cameras also have to reduce the amount of processing they do at higher framerates.
I haven't seen a lot of that problem but I'm not a huge fan of the camera by any means!

I'll tell you what I'm a fan of... your rapid flying progress, Lon. Dayum beautiful! Me? I start to tremble as soon as I put it in manual with angle limit. :oops:

I don't think there's a 30p.

(114MB)

(107MB)

(146MB)

(455MB)

Made to move, yessir! One more longer (3.5GB) one at about 50mph. Problem is glaringly evident. Reminds me of a Hero4 I flew on the 3DR Solo. Reminds me of the original 2016 Mavic. I would have hoped for a camera from DJI that recorded better IQ than their 5-yr-old tech.

I appreciate everyone's contribution here. It really helped me clarify that it's not just my camera. I'm gonna fly this thing... and I'm gonna love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya